Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Message from Arvol Looking Horse on protection of ceremonies..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeing as Im not Lakota or from any of the other Nations who signed on, it isnt really any of my biz cuz Cherokees who are actually Cherokee dont Sundance and dont Sweat, we dont need to. Anyways I forwarded Arvol's statement to the local group of Iwishiwas who got some Belgian guy doin' Sweats for them (he learned how out of a book) and they've decided that Arvol just isnt very 'spirichul'. I suspect thats going to be the way of it. Anything Indians got, the yonega think is theirs.

Comment

It is certainly an issue!But the responsability is on both sides.
      Too many times any old coocoo coming with tobacco finds himself going up on the hill in search of whatever....No teaching,no screening.

How can one who has no clue about a culture can even think about doing something like that?It is typical of our times i guess,instant this,instant that so why not instant knowledge and wisdom?;)

On the other hand ,look around you ! you dont need to look very long to find "Lakota spirituality"sold in every corner.Either in books,tapes,seminar etc.And a lot of that is made by Lakota people under all kind of excuses.And boy do they misinform and create stuff that would make your ancestors furious!If you do not want people to play with it dont sell it!There is no way a white guy is going to go in a sundance or any other ceremony if he is not invited .

Seen any pigmy,aborigene,Siberian,Inuit,etc going around babling about his/her spirituality?Visiting the dalai lama,and other public figures trying to catch some media coverage?
      Is it the missionary syndrom catching up with the plains indians?
      So now after opening the gate to all excess and even inviting them ,they slam the door shut or at least pretend to......

As the joke goes...No more white guys in our ceremonies but rich blond chics are ok!!:D :D :D
      Hate is for FOOLS!And fools like m&ms come in all colors

I am ready to tell you my secret now,I see dumb people,.I see them everywhere.They dont know they're dumb,they only see what they want to see.That weird feeling which make the hair on your neck stand up....thats them!

Comment

On the other hand ,look around you ! you dont need to look very long to find "Lakota spirituality"sold in every corner.Either in books,tapes,seminar etc.And a lot of that is made by Lakota people under all kind of excuses.And boy do they misinform and create stuff that would make your ancestors furious!If you do not want people to play with it dont sell it!

Crow Dog or his "ghost writers" have had many books written about him. Selo Black Crow advised Hollywood actor types and "ministered" there some years ago friends have told me. Floyd Hand and Arvol have kept websites open promoting there worldview.

Face it, they are all doing it. I won't sundance another more eventhough I should be there because of all the politics, money, egos, medicines wars, "he-said/she said"

There is no way a white guy is going to go in a sundance or any other ceremony if he is not invited .

Thoroughly agree, Jacques!!

Is it the missionary syndrom catching up with the plains indians?
        So now after opening the gate to all excess and even inviting them ,they slam the door shut or at least pretend to......

I can see in future a liturgical elite among the Lakota who wants to analyze CDIB's, enrollment cards, and a monied turnstile entered the hocoka

As the joke goes...No more white guys in our ceremonies but rich blond chics are ok!!:D :D :D [/B][/QUOTE]

To put it bluntly, mazaska talks and cesli walks...If you got lotsa money, these guys will do anything for you and the ikce wicasa (common ndn) take the hindmost because they are mostly broke or working stiffs to begin with.

This will probably p.o. some people, but we let these self appointed people in the ndn. and white worlds run our minds and lives.

Mornighawk

Comment

This is the original message he sent out..
          "We see it as a desecration not only of a mountain but of our way of life. This is a genocidal issue to us. If they kill this mountain, they kill our way of life." ~Debra White Plume

Comment

"We see it as a desecration not only of a mountain but of our way of life. This is a genocidal issue to us. If they kill this mountain, they kill our way of life." ~Debra White Plume

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.