No announcement yet.

native american church

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Just to be controversial in my severe boredom...

Originally posted by Wakalapi
    With Christianity, it is that cut and dried. In their mindset, an absolute authority is required. Pastor's teachings are nothing unless it can be proven from the Bible.
    Well this is only half true. Yes, unless it can be found in the bible it means nothing...for the most part. But the Bible is still taught to the masses by the interpreter. Nothing in it is that cut and dried. They have study groups in churches to talk about what is in the bible and how best to determine what the message is truly saying. Also if it was that cut and dried..there would'nt be so many different factions of christianity that follow the same bible now would there? It would be one big church of the take it literally...not Catholism, Pentecostal, Baptist, Lutheran, etc...etc...
    Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

Re: Just to be controversial in my severe boredom...

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Wakalapi
      And technically you are way off to have chocolate and vanilla swirl when chocolate marble with raspberry topping is far superior (trust me on this)...

So then what you are saying ??....let me get this right...your ice cream or your manner in which you eat it is far superior to the way in which I eat it??:Thinking

Trust you?? TRUST YOU???? You eat flowers for pete sakes...how can I trust THAT???

:taunting::Chatter :p :Tongue
      Last edited by Mato Winyan; 03-27-2003, 04:00 AM.
      "We see it as a desecration not only of a mountain but of our way of life. This is a genocidal issue to us. If they kill this mountain, they kill our way of life." ~Debra White Plume

Comment

Oh yes ... chocolate raspberry is far superior but the manner in which you eat it matters not, as long as you use a spoon that is least 50% steel, manufactured on a Saturday afternoon, with scrolly things on the handle. Your spoon may use a fluted shank as long as you play flute music while you have your Second help you by dishing up the ice cream and administer the raspberries.

FLOWERS ARE GOOD FOR YOU!
        *offers a nasturtium salad with cucumber dressing*
        "Friends don't let friends drink decaf..."
        Wakalapi's $49 unlimited phone service www.49deal.com

Comment

Re: Re: Just to be controversial in my severe boredom...

Originally posted by Blackbear
          Well this is only half true. Yes, unless it can be found in the bible it means nothing...for the most part. But the Bible is still taught to the masses by the interpreter. Nothing in it is that cut and dried. They have study groups in churches to talk about what is in the bible and how best to determine what the message is truly saying. Also if it was that cut and dried..there would'nt be so many different factions of christianity that follow the same bible now would there? It would be one big church of the take it literally...not Catholism, Pentecostal, Baptist, Lutheran, etc...etc...
          This is precisely Christianity's problem, not in theology but in practical application. The Bible was not intended to be taught to the masses by an interpreter, but that is how the Roman "Catholic" Church fought for control over its subjects for centuries and even forbid laymen from even reading the Bible for themselves. The Bible, in its own words, was meant for an ordinary person to read, understand and follow with only a divine person called the Holy Spirit as a teacher. But with translation after translation after translation, and church after church "injecting" their predetermined beliefs into each translation, it is mankind that has made this impossible. The Bible then throws out cute little phrases like "with God all things are possible" just to try some cheap argument-winners, but a sacred scripture under the protection of an interactive God wanting it to remain perfect would never have been changed. According to the Bible, God took the life of anyone who touched the Ark of the Covenant. Apparently, the exact wording and teachings of the Bible is not as important. So the result, in practical application, is competing clergy who use the one particular set of "scriptures" as a wrench to control society. They do not teach Christianity, rather they distract their followers from it. So be it.

Thank goodness we have groups like the Native American Church, the Indian Shaker Church, and old-style traditionalists who still see faith for what it is.

Comment

thanks for your comments
            Last edited by beefy_cheefy; 01-23-2005, 04:04 PM.

Comment

:rofl2:

Good Un'!!!! :clap:
              "We see it as a desecration not only of a mountain but of our way of life. This is a genocidal issue to us. If they kill this mountain, they kill our way of life." ~Debra White Plume

Comment

Hmm..so what you are saying is basically...the message ok...the messanger not ok? LOL I'm too tired to think of a response tonight..but if you are bored with it all..then I probably should'nt even bother huh? LOL
                Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

Yeah and we're just takin' up room so people with relevant posts can't squeeze in anyways. Ayeee...

Sorry people!

OOPS ==>> I mean: Sorry , (COMMA) people!

Comment

Originally posted by powwow_lovers
                    hey tsint????why is the native american church a contradiction???
                    My Brother always says that our ancestors didn't belive in the "white man's God" niether does he ..... so having a "Native American Church" seems to him to be a contridiction in terms ....

his opinion, not mine .... (I don't know enough about that particular religion/church to form an opinion other than to each his own, don't force me to believe your way, I won't force you to believe mine ....)
                    Last edited by Tsiniti; 04-01-2003, 09:30 PM.
                    Your Heart Shows by how Your Words and Actions Affect Others.

Nah I ain't NO WANNABE! I don't gotta wannabe when people wannabe like me!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.