No announcement yet.

For All You Traditionalist's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Food for thought-how can a person be a % anything? Blood quantum can be easily be determined in 1/2's, 1/4's, ect., but how can a person be 51% or 76% anything? I think this makes no sense what so ever and is another way the government tries to get out of their obligations. Percentages are for business, so is the government attempting to reduce us to a business? And, does traditional really have anything to do with how much NDN blood one has, or is it more about how one feels, thinks, acts, lives, believes, and treats others in their daily lives? Like I said-Food for thought.???

------------------
    Rie
    Rie

Comment

Okay, I got a question, and I don't know the answer so please don't think I'm asking it with an agenda.

From my understanding, if you are a U.S. citizen and you have a child, regardless of where that child is born, he/she is also a U.S. citizen. Are there any tribes that enroll people this way? That is to say, if you are an enrolled member of a tribe, all of your children would be enrolled also, regardless of the other parent or blood quantum? Seems to me this would help keep tribes from fading away, while also keeping people from walking up and wanting in based on a grandparent (possibly with several greats) - they would have to prove an enrolled parent.

If someone does know of any tribes that do this, I'd like to know how they think it is working out.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X