Iroquoian Singing and Dancing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    No photos found.

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• elbahana
    Stomp dance?
    by elbahana
    I have read someplace that the Stomp Dance originates in the south-east, but is there not a more northern version of the dance as well? Danced by the Ojibwe and other tribes around there? If so, could someone describe it me? x
    11-04-2008, 04:42 PM
  • ANGELO
    What straight dance is to me
    by ANGELO
    Well i was taught about straight dance from my uncles. THe late browning Pipestem and others like Henry Collins and Tim Grant (omaha). And as far as i know the dance is supposed to be an interpretation of the songs. There are no songs out there telling u to look for rabbit tracks but they do tell...
    02-02-2004, 05:39 PM
  • WhoMe
    Step in the right direction?
    by WhoMe
    This past weekend there was a smoke dance contest in Florida. Some of the winners were not Haudenosaunee.

I predict this will be the beginning of the new evolution of Smoke Dance Contests where other tribes will begin to enter this dance category AND... eventually interpret and express...
    11-23-2007, 09:42 AM
  • MuzeBl
    What's it about?
    by MuzeBl
    What is the origin of the fancy feather dance?
    What's it all about?
    What are there any stories/legends associated with it?
    05-01-2002, 10:34 AM
  • RedHawkeDancing
    Dance.....
    by RedHawkeDancing
    O'Siyo. I am a newbie to this posting on pow wow.com. I have a couple of questions, if I may ask.

One is this. When I dance, I do not dance in regalia like I see at pow wows, or like any of the dancers I see. I dance mostly in a trance like state or I Totem dance. Is there a "name"...
    03-18-2004, 02:23 AM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X