This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plateau Tule Mat Lodges

Anybody interested in the TULE MAT LODGES of the Plateau people? Styles, shapes, (re-)construction, materials, weaving the mats?

I have seen these, but not that interested in them. Can be a good topic that very little is known about. Have never seen one set up either for real.

tipis

Comment

Hello,
      A few years back there was a tule mat lodge in the Yakima Nation Museum in Washington and I think there was a photo essay on their construction. They also have a nice library and photo archives.

Regards,
      Steve Gill

Comment

Hello again, Here is the address and phone number of the Yakima Nation Cultural Center (Museum and Library) Hwy. 97 Toppenish, WA
        (509) 865-2800.

Regards,
        Steve Gill

Comment

Originally posted by Steve:
          A few years back there was a tule mat lodge in the Yakima Nation Museum in Washington and I think there was a photo essay on their construction.
          Thanks for that information, Steve. Would like to add that the name has been changed to Yakama, just the city retained the old spelling. "Time of Gathering" at the Burke Museum in Seattle ten years ago also had a very fine lodge!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X