Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roach Feathers

Howdy folks!
    Just curious what the significance of that one feather hangin of the roach stick"pin" is. and what do those two feathers hangin from the side of the raoch(coup feathers?) in the front signify? I see it more on southern dancers in photos then I see on us dancers up here. but I guess northern tradional dancers wear em too, just not too much in my area.
    Thanks for your help.
    Rich

I am a norther trad. dancer and I wear feathers on my roach pin as well as scalp feathers that you are referring to. I wear two feathers on my roach pin because they were given to me by a close friend when I was first starting to dance. He told me to wear them on my roach pin, so I do. I wear three scalp feathers because they were given to me as part of a giveaway by the same friend. That friend is now having some major health problems and hasn't been able to be in the circle for quite some time. Both my roach pin feathers and scalp feathers mean a great deal to me because they were gifts and they remind me of my friend every time I put on my dance clothes.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X