wing fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wing fans?

What do you think of wing fans? I've seen them being carried by a variety of dancers, including straight dancers. What types of fans do you all use? I prefer a loose fan with eagle feathers...

I prefer a set wing fan if you are going to carry one. If you travel alot a fat fan is pretty easy to travel with.
    Tha-ke'-tha-pi Wa-kon-ta

Comment

I know what you mean about having the need to have a fan that you can manage when you travel. I try to put mine on top of everything else in my dance box, and usually cover it. Otherwise, you can end up with a fan with "split ends"!
      :Mad

Comment

I use both Wing fan and flat fan, both of Eagle. I really don't have a preference either. If the weather is hot I will usually use my wing, because it pushes a lot of air when I'm fanning myself.
        BOB

Comment

I have a flat turkey feather fan, and my daughter was recently gifted a grouse wing fan, I think its whatever you want, or like! I made my fan, the way I did, because I didn't feel right about even carrying a fake Eagle feather fan, when I haven't earned the right to that many Eagle feathers .... (I have one real feather, and one fluff, I am protecting) My daughter loves her grouse wing fan, made just for her!
          Your Heart Shows by how Your Words and Actions Affect Others.

Nah I ain't NO WANNABE! I don't gotta wannabe when people wannabe like me!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X