wing fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wing fans?

What do you think of wing fans? I've seen them being carried by a variety of dancers, including straight dancers. What types of fans do you all use? I prefer a loose fan with eagle feathers...

I prefer a set wing fan if you are going to carry one. If you travel alot a fat fan is pretty easy to travel with.
    Tha-ke'-tha-pi Wa-kon-ta

Comment

I know what you mean about having the need to have a fan that you can manage when you travel. I try to put mine on top of everything else in my dance box, and usually cover it. Otherwise, you can end up with a fan with "split ends"!
      :Mad

Comment

I use both Wing fan and flat fan, both of Eagle. I really don't have a preference either. If the weather is hot I will usually use my wing, because it pushes a lot of air when I'm fanning myself.
        BOB

Comment

I have a flat turkey feather fan, and my daughter was recently gifted a grouse wing fan, I think its whatever you want, or like! I made my fan, the way I did, because I didn't feel right about even carrying a fake Eagle feather fan, when I haven't earned the right to that many Eagle feathers .... (I have one real feather, and one fluff, I am protecting) My daughter loves her grouse wing fan, made just for her!
          Your Heart Shows by how Your Words and Actions Affect Others.

Nah I ain't NO WANNABE! I don't gotta wannabe when people wannabe like me!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• ~*~MizzQaqimat~*~
            Fan Styles
            by ~*~MizzQaqimat~*~
            What kind of fan do you use if you use one, tail, wing, or other?? I prefer using a tail fan, and I see lots of other jinglers using tail fans, and others using the wing fans. Which do you prefer and/or use?

Chenna
            Tail
            81.97%
            Wing
            14.75%
            Other
            3.28%
            04-02-2003, 08:19 AM
          • ogapahndn
            Fans?
            by ogapahndn
            What kind of fan do most of you dance with? Around here I see mostly eagle tail flat fans. Just wondering if that is what everyone uses.
            03-01-2002, 08:40 PM
          • CHEROSAGE
            Fans
            by CHEROSAGE
            During the many Gourd dances that I've been to I have noticed many different types of fans used.

What type of fan(s) do you use?

I have a loose feather (Eagle Feather) fan and a wing fan(Eagle). Occassionally, I will use one of my Eagle flat fans. The occassions are different...
            04-10-2007, 02:30 AM
          • Creewoman05
            Wing Fan Vs Tail Fan
            by Creewoman05
            I have a mature bald eagle wing fan, instead of a tail fan. Appropriate to use dancing southern cloth? Yay/Nay...
            05-17-2007, 09:34 PM
          • StereoTypicalHarley
            Flat or loose fan?
            by StereoTypicalHarley
            I am new to dancing in general, soi please excuse my ignorance.

can anyone tell me the difference between a loose fan and a flat fan? i am making a fan out of the end section of an owl wing, the part after the joint in the middle of the wing, i am leaving everything intact, bone, skin...
            03-04-2007, 11:39 PM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X