Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Singing Eagle
    keeping this at the top!
    Aneen Singing Eagle I ran the sticky for this one.
    Chi Migwetch, WPD
    Asema Is Sacred
    Traditional Use, Not Misuse
    Wakan Tanka please have compassion on me.
    OK Niji we are running a train with red over yellow at this powwow.

Comment

Originally posted by White Powwow Dancer
      Aneen Singing Eagle I ran the sticky for this one.
      Chi Migwetch, WPD
      Right on WPD!

Comment

All the folks on the blockade appreciate your e-mails and faxes.

That fax # is 519-383-6447
        E-mail [email protected]

Pretty boring nowadays. Not much traffic now that the service truck drivers know they can't get by. We are in a wait & see mode. Not much to update about. We are eating good though. Lot of visiting. Artists are doing their work. Beaders are finding time to catch up on projects. I'm getting behind on my bingo playing. :50:

Later!

Comment

Thanks for the update, Ki. I've been reading indianz, but sometime the word is best from the horse's mouth so to speak. lol.

Happy to hear you are all safe and sound in the south!

My thoughts and prayers.
          "Gaa wiin daa-aangoshkigaazo ahaw enaabiyaan gaa-inaabid"

Comment

I have taken the liberty of copying Rockman's post from Indianz.com:

The Other Guy Blinked!

Its not the end of the blockade, its a blink. In fight terminology they are on the ropes and the end is near!

6 people took on the multi-billion dollar, multinational Suncor Energy products Inc. and made them blink. Suncor's proposed Ethanol Plant sited on the boundries of Aamjiwnaang has been set to a new site.

Part 1 completed!!!!

Now to renegotiate the easement agreements and the blockade will be down. 2 weeks is the projected goal. You all have a bow to be taken but please do not stop the email and faxes, 2 weeks on the blockade is a substantial amount of time and I know the support will be appreciated.

MIIKWHECH
            Rockman

Great news!

Comment

I just got home & had to let you all know. Suncor, one of the most powerful corporations in Canada has announced that they have changed their first choice of location for their proposed ethanol plant to another spot away from us. They will not admit it, but they would rather move than contend with a handful of natives that would not budge. We had a celebration feast this evening, but we are cautious. We are going to stay until this is written down in writing. They had expected us to take down the blockade right away. Hell, we weren't born yesterday.

Many people doubted that we could pull this off. The many prayers from supporters from all over was what we needed to keep our faith. Shutting down that tiny piece of land which we own was all that was needed. That, and our pleas to the Creator. Your prayers, our prayers were heard.

We used the divide and conquer method that they have used on natives thousands of times. We have two very large corporations threatening legal actions against each other over this. Ironic, isn't it?

As, it was mentioned by Rockman on the other website, it is not over. Continue to ask the Creator to help us.

But for now,Yeahhhhh! :1Party:

Comment

Wonderful news!

Yes, be cautious as you say.....it is not an easy thing to trust the greedy chimookmaan, they don't care what or who they hurt in their run for the almighty dollar.

However, the Anishnabek of Aamjiwanaang reamins in prayers.

Thanks for your update Kiwehnzii!
                "Gaa wiin daa-aangoshkigaazo ahaw enaabiyaan gaa-inaabid"

Comment

Aneen
                  Chi Migwetch to Kiwehnzii and his tribe stop the company from building the plant. the prayers will continue.
                  Chi Migwetch, WPD
                  Asema Is Sacred

Comment

This link takes you to a story from the local newspaper. This morning a guy from Newsweek was down taking pics. I wasn't there but hey that's national coverage. I'll have to buy the next edition.

We kicked their corporate asses.

:rtf: :duel12: :rofl2:

Comment

Hi
                      I like to see the corporations crumble like this.
                      The Prayers still continue here.
                      Chi Migwetch, WPD
                      Asema Is Sacred

Comment

:1Party: :1Party: :1Party: :1Party: :1Party:

Comment

Aneen
                          Read this goto http://www.suncor.com/default.aspx?ID=609 for the indians policy from the company.
                          Chi Migwetch, WPD
                          Asema Is Sacred

Comment

for the Warriors

Is there a e-mail address we can send encouragement to? Prayers and thoughts are with you and all the warriors.
                            Courage is just fear that has said it's prayers.

Comment

First I want to thank everyone who sent encouragement & prayers from powwows.com and also those who sent messages via indianz.com.
                              Nothing could have been accomplished without the help of our Creator. We can do the simple work, but all else comes from the Creator.
                              Tomorrow, we will decide when the blockade comes down. We must do this in the way of our teachings because we lit a sacred fire and this must be done properly and with feast.

Suncor has given to our Chief & Council a written acknowledgement that they definitely will not build their ethanol plant on that site by our community. This is a major victory. People, even in our own community, doubted that Suncor would ever give in to our demands but this happened tonight.
                              There are other issues that must be taken care of but those could be handled without the blockade. Our leaders must be very careful in their dealings with this giant. They must be very careful not to give up our edge. Our right to stand our ground in that crucial area, our road. As it stands now, we have something they desparately need.
                              We at the blockade will talk before it comes down. If we see any wrong movements being made, we will be back. Guaranteed!!

Another victory for Anishinaabeg!!!!

Miigwetch to you all

Comment

Chi Migwetch to all powwow commers!!! I can't wait for the news when the blockade comes down.
                                Last edited by White Powwow Dancer; 04-27-2004, 02:32 AM.
                                Asema Is Sacred

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.