X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Powwow Dancer
    replied
    Aneen Kiwhenzii
    Do you having any new updates for the readers on the board to read?
    Please reply
    Chi Migwetch, WPD

Leave a comment:

• Kiwehnzii
    replied
    Looks like the blockade was phase 1. Our Chief came to us to request that the blockade be put back up. So, it went back up. I haven't been there today but people said they are going to stay with new recruits.

I'm going to rest......for now. The first 18 days took it's toll on all the people manning the posts, but it was worth it. Much was accomplished. Not only the stopping of this plant, but the sharing, caring and renewing of friendships between community members. Spiritual re-birth for some - finding their own spirituality for others. It was good.

The fire was feasted, thanks giving to the Creator. The fire served it's purpose for which it was lit.

Today is a new day, different issues will be fought. Some of these issues have a connection to the original.

Anyways, I thought the physical portion was done but it goes on.

Thanks to that person who posted the other info for me on indianz. I still can't get in there. Would you help me out again? Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Kakeeya
    replied
    Originally posted by Kiwehnzii
    Blockade down! We will feast the fire tonight April 28. Victory of this issue is ours, our peoples. We haved helped the way that we could and now leave this in the hands of the environment committee and our leaders.

I read on indianz.com that this was fought by 6 people. It began with the ideas of six people on the environment committee. The actual blockade was manned by fifty-one people with the support and encouragement of many grassroots men & women. Two native politicians came and spent a little time with us.

Most of the info on indianz.com was correct with the exception of the numbers and that the blockade continuing for two more weeks.

Miigwetch again to all.

Could someone who is a member of indianz.com post this and my previous post on there? They said that they aren't accepting new members at this time and I am unable to post. thanks
    It's done Kemosabee, I mean Kiwhenzii! Just teasing you Ki, lol..

Leave a comment:

• White Powwow Dancer
    replied
    Aneen
    Thats great news!!!! from Ki and his warriors to stop the company from building the plant near the rez.
    Chi Migwetch, to everyone.
    WPD

Leave a comment:

• ojibwaysweetie
    replied
    Awesome news Kiwehnzii. I'm happy for you all.

Leave a comment:

• Kiwehnzii
    replied
    Blockade down! We will feast the fire tonight April 28. Victory of this issue is ours, our peoples. We haved helped the way that we could and now leave this in the hands of the environment committee and our leaders.

I read on indianz.com that this was fought by 6 people. It began with the ideas of six people on the environment committee. The actual blockade was manned by fifty-one people with the support and encouragement of many grassroots men & women. Two native politicians came and spent a little time with us.

Most of the info on indianz.com was correct with the exception of the numbers and that the blockade continuing for two more weeks.

Miigwetch again to all.

Could someone who is a member of indianz.com post this and my previous post on there? They said that they aren't accepting new members at this time and I am unable to post. thanks

Leave a comment:

• White Powwow Dancer
    replied
    Chi Migwetch to all powwow commers!!! I can't wait for the news when the blockade comes down.
    Last edited by White Powwow Dancer; 04-27-2004, 02:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Kiwehnzii
    replied
    First I want to thank everyone who sent encouragement & prayers from powwows.com and also those who sent messages via indianz.com.
    Nothing could have been accomplished without the help of our Creator. We can do the simple work, but all else comes from the Creator.
    Tomorrow, we will decide when the blockade comes down. We must do this in the way of our teachings because we lit a sacred fire and this must be done properly and with feast.

Suncor has given to our Chief & Council a written acknowledgement that they definitely will not build their ethanol plant on that site by our community. This is a major victory. People, even in our own community, doubted that Suncor would ever give in to our demands but this happened tonight.
    There are other issues that must be taken care of but those could be handled without the blockade. Our leaders must be very careful in their dealings with this giant. They must be very careful not to give up our edge. Our right to stand our ground in that crucial area, our road. As it stands now, we have something they desparately need.
    We at the blockade will talk before it comes down. If we see any wrong movements being made, we will be back. Guaranteed!!

Another victory for Anishinaabeg!!!!

Miigwetch to you all

Leave a comment:

• Annie Fawn
    replied
    for the Warriors

Is there a e-mail address we can send encouragement to? Prayers and thoughts are with you and all the warriors.

Leave a comment:

• White Powwow Dancer
    replied
    Aneen
    Read this goto http://www.suncor.com/default.aspx?ID=609 for the indians policy from the company.
    Chi Migwetch, WPD

Leave a comment:

• Lil Stinker
    replied
    :1Party: :1Party: :1Party: :1Party: :1Party:

Leave a comment:

• White Powwow Dancer
    replied
    Hi
    I like to see the corporations crumble like this.
    The Prayers still continue here.
    Chi Migwetch, WPD

Leave a comment:

• Kiwehnzii
    replied

This link takes you to a story from the local newspaper. This morning a guy from Newsweek was down taking pics. I wasn't there but hey that's national coverage. I'll have to buy the next edition.

We kicked their corporate asses.

:rtf: :duel12: :rofl2:

Leave a comment:

• White Powwow Dancer
    replied
    Aneen
    Chi Migwetch to Kiwehnzii and his tribe stop the company from building the plant. the prayers will continue.
    Chi Migwetch, WPD

Leave a comment:

• ojibwaysweetie
    replied
    Wonderful news!

Yes, be cautious as you say.....it is not an easy thing to trust the greedy chimookmaan, they don't care what or who they hurt in their run for the almighty dollar.

However, the Anishnabek of Aamjiwanaang reamins in prayers.

Thanks for your update Kiwehnzii!

Leave a comment:

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.