Need beads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need beads

Anyone know of some good places to get size 14/0 seed beads? I ordered some from crazy crow ($100 worth), but when I got my beads, depending on the color, they were different sizes. Is this the norm? My dad just got me started beading a month or two ago. It kinda screwed up my loom work when some of my beads are a little bigger than others. I heard BuffaloChips, but they don't have a website and firemountaingems website is under repair the last time I looked. Anyone know of someplace better?

yeah sometimes that is the norm... it depends on the company they buy thier beads from...or in some cases, companies. If you like supporting the small guy try Mohawks Bead Shack in Hibbing Minnesota..I think you can find them on the links page. If you want from a bit bigger, folks will tell you shipwreck, coyote corner among others... if you want to go straight to the source for a good japanese bead company, try Miyuki beads or Toho... Toho is known for having the large holes and nice uniformity...but Miyuki is pretty much identical and both companies mix well. Just type thier names and teh word beads into your browser and it will pop right up with the addy's.. or

http://www.jays-of-tucson.com/sys-tmpl/seedbeads/
    http://www.bobbybead.com/toho.htm
    Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

Like Blackbear suggested, Bobby Beads is a good store, but I'm sort of biased as I used to work there :)

You might also want to try:

www.gardenofbeadin.com

You can look up local stores with this site:

www.guidetobeadwork.com/localstores/states

There is also a great bead store in Duluth, MN that is Native owned, but I believe they only have a catalog. The selection is great and I have found old style beads there, which I haven't been able to find anywhere else. Their web address is:

www.superiorbeads.com

I hope this helps.
      "Support Bacteria. It's the only culture some people have."

"I can't sleep, the clowns will eat me."

"Things are more like today than they ever have been."

Comment

I have made my first order from Halford-Hide in Edmonton AB. Here is there address:

http://www.halford-hide.com

They ship internationally and you can buy wholesale prices, without having a business!:)

When my beads arrive, I will let you all know how they turn out;)

Comment

Thanks for the tips. I tried to post a pic of what I'm currently working on, but it said it was to big. I'm using a web cam to take my pics, them saving them on disk. Any suggestions on how to post my pics? I'd really like some feedback, considering I just started beading!

Comment

Use your photo editor and make them smaller....then try reposting them..or email them to me at [email protected] and I will resize and post them for you.
            Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

Well I'm gonna try posting a pic of the bracelet again. It's not the best pic but here goes nothing. It's my second piece on the loom, size 14/o beads. I made the design myself, for my wife.
              Attached Files

Comment

It worked! Thanks blackbear for the help!!!!!!

Comment

hey alaskashadowwolf, another tip for posting your pics - if you have a scanner, you can get a much clearer, sharper image of your beadwork that way rather than with a webcam. You'll probably still have to resize it to post here.
                  - zeph

Comment

NIce!! I like it alot. I did something similar about 6 years back. I can't recall who or why I made it..just that I dont' have it anymore. I like the different colors of the butterflies though!

Comment

Thanks for the tips and compliments. I wish I could have gotten a better pic. I'm using transparent peacock blue, light green, transparent orange, light orange, transparent turquois blue, sky blue, navy blue, yellow, wine red, gray, medium blue and brown for butterfly colors and red for the border. It looks better than the pick shows, but it's aggghhh only about half done.

Comment

For any one interested, I'm almost done with my wife's bracelet. As soon as it is finished, I'll post another pic on here. Hopefully the quality will be better this time. A guy I work with has a digital camera, I'm gonna see if he'll take a pic for me.

Comment

http://www.shipwreckbeads.com/

These guys have a huge selection. And they have quantity pricing.

Also a good website and catalog.

I've bought beads by thr kilo and 1/2 kilo, for years, from them.
                          I've learned that you can't make someone love you. All you can do is stalk them and hope they panic and give in. :)

Hella Handles....

Comment

thanks She, i'll have to check them out.

Comment

shipwreck is a good company, that's where i used to get alot of my beads from, until i moved.

keith

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X