Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brick stitch

Also known as the Cheyenne stitch.

I seen some comments on it earlier, and this is actually my favorite stitch to do.

There are some who are teaching this stitch, that you go up through the beads and back down, that is a step that is not needed, all one needs to do is pick up the next bead, hook it through the thread from the row above, then go back down into the bead and secure it... really quite simple and when I teach people to bead, I generally start them on this stitch and not a loom...

Ok that would depend on the pattern sometimes too though..if you want two rows to be exactly alike ...then you need to have them right on top the other...there is no thread to go through so you end up doing a bit of a ladder stitch technique.. then, as the pattern goes right or left or increases or decreases, it is back to just hooking under the thread between the beads.
    Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

I have not had a pattern that I could not do with without hooking a top thread. If I want two rows exactly alike, I will pick my skinnier beads and double them. They lay real flat and nice.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• Mariposa
        Beginning Peyote Stitching
        by Mariposa
        :Help Hi folks, I'm a pretty new beader, I've been beading for just a few months, and have such desire to do brick stitch/peyote stitch...but starting it takes me at least 10 minutes just to get the first row together without tangling everything up....Does any Angel out there know the best way to get...
        01-21-2002, 05:50 PM
      • Beardancer
        Rossettes
        by Beardancer
        Hey there beaders,
        I've been beading for a while and now comes the time to bead rossettes/medallions. Now the question is HOW?? I need all the tips and tricks anybody can throw! Thanks
        Beardncr
        09-06-2000, 06:10 PM
      • LummiGirl
        Hello Fellow Beaders
        by LummiGirl
        :)

Hello all. I know this isn't the proper forum to be using to make my first introductions, but since I will be reading posts here primarily, I wanted to say my greetings here.

I have been beading for almost a year and a half now, and I love it. I do all sorts of...
        05-30-2003, 11:52 PM
      • Mariposa
        A bead broke off my work, now what?>
        by Mariposa
        :( :( :( :( oh, my goodness! I can't believe this...I've beaded about 25 inches of my belt and noticed that in two spots I'm missing a bead, like it broke off or something....any ideas on what to do besided scream?
        03-16-2002, 09:46 AM
      • ANNA NICOLE
        Beaded Rope
        by ANNA NICOLE
        SO- I think this is a dumb question - but I am going to ask it anyways.

How do I make beaded rope?

Not peyote stitch rope - but the kind that looks like beads on a string coiled around a piece of rope.

It cant be that easy?

Hope someone...
        09-21-2010, 04:05 AM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X