moccs HELP!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moccs HELP!!

Do you think it would be alright to bead some mocs on that baby crib stuff? if not then can you suggest somthing i can use to bead on besides a hide ........ because i just dont have the money to buy one ........ HElP!!

I would probably not use that to made beaded moccasins with, just because it does stretch a little and there is alot of stress on moccasins to begin with. You don't want it stretching your beadwork out of shape. If you don't have leather to work with, I would probably go with a really heavy canvas, or anything that is thick and doesn't stretch.

Comment

What style do you dance Squishy?? I see folks beading those slip on canvas shoes alot these days the kind wihtout laces... Walmart sells them in a variety of styles...year long for about 6 bucks a pair.
      Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the Info
        but hay Blackbear I dance Tradish but im making them for my little sister and she dances jingle and the other dances Tradish too there twins soo i was gonna make them the same

Comment

That is usually who I see wearing them...jingle dancers and fancy shawl... keds and canvas slip ons all nice and beaded up!!
          some fine examples.....

http://www.beloit.edu/~museum/logan/....htm#artifact1

http://www.cowboysindians.com/articl...9/greeves.html Personal favorite...beaded Chucks!!

http://f.about.com/z/js/spr06.htm <--even has a how to

dang...been having one heck of a time having to hit the darn edit button cause I keep hitting enter before I am done typing LOL...you ever have those days?
          Last edited by Blackbear; 03-01-2003, 05:10 AM.
          Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

squishy,
            you can use mocc. suede they sell it cheap and its nice at crazy crow...i just bought it myself...i ordered 8sq ft...and its a more than enough for me and plus another persons mocc. shipping is only 5 bucks too..
            www.crazycrow.com

Comment

Re: moccs HELP!!

Originally posted by squishy_tradishY
              Do you think it would be alright to bead some mocs on that baby crib stuff? if not then can you suggest somthing i can use to bead on besides a hide ........ because i just dont have the money to buy one ........ HElP!!
              I use the diaper cloth all the time!!! Cut your moc's out and put bias tape on it reinforces the edges and when it gets dirty you can replace it. I have even washed my sons bead moc's(take the leather soles off first) and chocker and cuffs in the washing machine their all beaded on diaper cloth the beads get all bright and sparling again and the backing doesn't smell like stinky boy sweat!!!!!!
              "Some of ya biggest haters are really ya biggest admirers. Their pride and fear won't allow them to tell ya the truth!" Litefoot

Comment

Re: Re: moccs HELP!!

Originally posted by Polly Powwow
                I use the diaper cloth all the time!!! Cut your moc's out and put bias tape on it reinforces the edges and when it gets dirty you can replace it. I have even washed my sons bead moc's(take the leather soles off first) and chocker and cuffs in the washing machine their all beaded on diaper cloth the beads get all bright and sparling again and the backing doesn't smell like stinky boy sweat!!!!!!
                LOL stinky boy sweat!!!! But not a bad idea at all!! Thanks for hte tip

Comment

Rubberized crib liner is prolly yer best bet. Canvas will fray...even if you edge it w/ bias tape, the seams will pull and make it fray....so uh yeah go w/ the crib liner lot more durable and if you get em wet they wont bunch and bubble up like canvas will....
                  .o0~CLAY~0o.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X