raised bead work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raised bead work

Does anyone know how to do the raised beadwork???

Do you have an example of what you are trying to do? I am not sure what you mean by raised beadwork.
    One vote wonder.

Comment

I DO

If youre talkin like what we Iroquois folks do.. then I know how to do it. Kinda hard to explain though
      For every no good woman there is a no good man...be careful

Comment

I do too!
        Attached Files
        Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

Blackbear that's pretty!
          SHAKE IT!!!!

Comment

WOW Blackbear that is beeeeee-u-tiful

Comment

that is on my skirt...it is about 9 inches long if that helps put the size in perspective and done in 11s
              Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

it actually though is not a good example of raised beadwork... it is much more contemporary...some of the petals were done flat for a more 3D effect to the rose while the center is all raised work and the petals as well. This would be a better example.

Comment

oops file did'nt attach..here you go
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for your replies!:D I was referring to the Iroquois style.

My style! Hey Samatha, try to explain!:D

Comment

Well it is putting a layer of beads or a row of beads down across your design and the beading over those like a lazy stitch style but keepign it tight... that way the beads give that rounded raised look... now some folks also put like cabachons or other rounded objects underneath and then put the beads over it, but I kinda feel like that is cheating LOL

Comment

Thanks, I'll give it a try after the craziness of the holidays is over.

Comment

Well, Blackbear.
                          Those look wonderful!!
                          How long did it take you to finish the flower for your skirt?
                          Join my FB page:
                          https://www.facebook.com/#!/NatamBeadwork

Live each and every day of your life as though it would be your last!

Comment

believe it or not..one day...the other flower is'nt mine..I uh..er..stole the pic off ebay LOL!!! that is a very old flower...I need to scan the purse my sister made me and show you a tuscarora flower... even better example of raised beadwork.

Comment

raised bead work

I know this work is not completely new but it sure is beautiful, I first seen the art at the Oneida powwow here in wisconsin I fell in love, very interested in learning more of the history and also hands on. I understand that it had originated with the Iroquois, any info would be appreciated.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X