Beaded belt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beaded belt

I am making a beaded belt. My foundation is the baby lap pad material. The belt is about 3 inches wide.

What can I put inbetween the beadwork and the backing to prevent the belt from folding over or crunching up??

Any suggestions :?????: :?????:

piece of thick leather

Comment

I'm assuming when you say diaper pad you are talking about doing lazy stitch correct?
      I'm working on a belt on the loom and once it is done I will do as tigger stated sew it to a thick piece of belt leather.
      But the same would work for any type beaded belt.
      The things you are doing today are the traditions of twenty-five years from now.
      -Daryl Baldwin: Miami

https://www.facebook.com/SpottedeagleFans

Comment

Yep..that would be just about anyone's suggestion I can imagine... the way you dancers work a belt..that would be your safest and most durable solution.
        Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

Never forget to roll the belt when attaching the beads... this way it will crinkle when straight, but lay smooth when on the "round" body... if you attach beadwork when the belt is flat, it puts more strain on the threads and can pop...

I also work two needles, one to each side, I stitch one side, then the other, this is to keep the beadwork even.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X