beading moccasins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beading moccasins

I want to bead my moccasins. They are dark brown leather and I think they are to plain. I know how to make rosettes and am pretty darn good at those. But I wasn't sure if that was the same way to do moccasins. I was raised in a white family so there isn't a grandmother or mother to show me how to do things. So basically I have tought myself or the elders I visit. So if anyone has any tips or can help me it would be greatly appreciated.
    "A single tear found it's way down her face. She swallowed in an effort to choke back the flood that threatened to follow. She lifted her chin. She was an Apache. Her captors would NOT see her cry...."
    --Walks Alone, Brian Burks

"My hair is long, my skin is tan, my eyes brown, and my heart strong. I am an Apache woman. I will not be broken."

Thank you very much. Do you think they would have information on the net if i searched it on how to do a hump sticth?
    "A single tear found it's way down her face. She swallowed in an effort to choke back the flood that threatened to follow. She lifted her chin. She was an Apache. Her captors would NOT see her cry...."

"My hair is long, my skin is tan, my eyes brown, and my heart strong. I am an Apache woman. I will not be broken."

Comment

Thank you, that was helpful. I am getting ready to go try it now...lol
      Thanks again

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• apachemiss78
        Medallion Necklace
        by apachemiss78
        I'm new to beading and I was able to make a medallion, but i was never taught how to make the necklace for it and how to attach it, any suggestions and help is greatly needed!
        09-07-2011, 05:05 AM
      • comanche-woman
        How to bead a cord or rope?
        by comanche-woman
        I know its been awhile since ive been here. And its been awhile since i first asked that question. LoL and its Still hard to do a search on here. I had asked about how to do the beading i saw on some of you were doing and i want to say it was some of you that live up north that might have showed me...
        04-20-2012, 06:11 PM
      • bayofquinte57
        Making Moccs
        by bayofquinte57
        Hi everyone,
        am trying my hand at beading my first pair of moccasins. I have made regular moccs, no lining, just double soled, handstitched, pucker toe. This pair I want to add a lining, cushioning and beaded vamp and cuff. I will be doing the bead work in the Iroquoian way - raised beading...
        01-19-2012, 03:48 PM
      • Ismella Pharte
        Mounting beadwork on frames
        by Ismella Pharte
        Was just wondering, when you all do lazy or applique` for big projects like mocc tops, leggings, yokes or vests, do you always mount them on frames? I'm having a hard time trying to maneuver around the frame. Is there any other way? :(
        09-23-2001, 04:41 PM
      • Kamama
        mirrored earring tutorial????
        by Kamama
        Is there anyone out there that wouldnt mind making a small tutorial on mirrored earrings? I would love to learn how to make them, but am clueless on where to start. I can bead, I just dont know how to attatch the mirrors, or what kind of glue to use, or how to keep the mirror secure without it falling...
        02-28-2009, 03:22 AM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎