Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please do a tutorial on putting together mocs

Anyone? Anyone? Please? :D
    The only time its too late to start dancing is when you're dead.

OK, OK. But tutorials just aren't the same without the pics being right on the screen.

So do you want the scoop about JUST putting them together, or about cutting, beading, etc...
    ...it is what it is...

Comment

atsa what I was gonna aska.... I'm gonna be making my daughter a new pair here really soon... you are wanting plains style right? Hard sole?
      Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

I am making a pair of Cheyenne style mocs for a friends daughter right now. I have one of them finished and the other I just started beading. Plus Beardancer is wanting me to make him a pair ... just gotta figure if I have the time to get them done by when he is wanting them.

The biggest problem with a tutorial on mocs is that there are so many variation on mocs and how to put them together. Plains hard sole, plains soft sole, eastern center seams and insert toes and the huge variations on that general type, southern ladies boots, dusters not too forget apache mocs which are a whole world all their own. we could fill this board with moc tutorials. But we are more than willing to help a super!
        PB49

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up." Pablo Picasso

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift...that is why is it called the Present." Master Oogway - KungFu Panda

My comments are based on what I have been taught and my experiences over the years I have been around the circle. They should in no way be taken as gospel truths and are merely my opinions or attempts at passing on what I have learned while still learning more.

Comment

Many are better at tutorials than I. But before you start you need to know what style you would like to do.

My guess is you have a style in mind but you have not shared?
          Brian

Comment

Love the idea of a moc tutorial!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bought the Missouri River Pattern, I opened it up, looked at it and decided I'd wait on attempting to make them until maybe this winter.

But if someone is going to give a tutorial, teach us all the tricks. A new pair of mocs for everyone in my family, just might be keen idea for Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D ;)
            The things you are doing today are the traditions of twenty-five years from now.
            -Daryl Baldwin: Miami

https://www.facebook.com/SpottedeagleFans

Comment

Yeah Yeah Yeah

:D :D :D Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
              Better known an loved as Men~Nie Turtles !
              Life is what you make it. Becareful what you give . You just might get it back!

Comment

a tutorial would be great..i teach myself how to do things..i make my own beadwork, dresses...i like the way the plains mocc looks but can't figure out how to do the sole..you put the sewing on the inside but yet it is beaded...some one told me to soak the sole..i just sew it up on the outside but it comes apart...any body??? how you do dat?????

Comment

The upper is beaded. Make your work is good and tight, some people go all the way though the leather. Massage and flex the sole really good. Take your time with this step it will pay off later.

Then the upper, welt and sole are sew together inside out. (You take the needle in through the edge and out through the top inside edge. Thicken the edge by rubbing the side with the back of scissors. This thickens the edges and ) Make you stitches really tight, but be careful not to rip through the soft flesh side. It helps to make your stitches at little closer together as the sides and the heel, since they areas will get a lot of stress during turning. The really good makers then sew the entire back of the heel up before turning. If you have trouble turning you can sew just a little ways up.

Now comes the gray hair inducing part, turning. Dampen the sole slightly. Then, working from the toe back, turn the moc inside out. The beadwork will scream and crackle when you do this. Just keep breathing and turning :)

Once the moc is turned, attach the tongue and the calf wrap and fringes if you're making boots. Put in the holes for your laces, string the laces, bead your heel seam and ankle seams. Have a really big glass of ice tea and some chocolate, you finished, LOL

Comment

I was going to ask the same thing:P Now can we decide what kind of moccs, the tutorial could me on?

Comment

Thank you, Ol Chemist!!! appreciate the info and am going to make my moccs like that....:)

Comment

yea Plains style! and maybe offshoots of soft sole once u finished w/the hard sole. Thanks for the great replies... looking forward to the tutorials! :)

Comment

I'll try to start on one in the next week or two. I'm really busy getting outfits done for Rocky Boy and Ft. Hall Festival - at least when I'm not at work. Maybe I'll bring it to work and label it some kind of techie project.:devil

Mine will probably be plains soft sole, cuz it's so hard to find good hard sole material. And talk about killing off the fingers!!
                          ...it is what it is...

Comment

Well, since I am in the middle of a pair of S. Cheyenne style hard sole ladies mocs I should be able to do the hard sole version. It won't be up as quickly as some of the beadwork tutorial, cause I have several other projects in process at the same time. I will have to back track a bit but show examples of making a pattern and such but that shouldn't be too big a problem.
                            PB49

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up." Pablo Picasso

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift...that is why is it called the Present." Master Oogway - KungFu Panda

My comments are based on what I have been taught and my experiences over the years I have been around the circle. They should in no way be taken as gospel truths and are merely my opinions or attempts at passing on what I have learned while still learning more.

Comment

sounds good guys! thanks.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X