beaded spreader sockets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beaded spreader sockets

anyone feel like making me a pair? i'm really awful at gourd stitch! good at lazy, awful at gourd!
    C-trad

contemptradish,

You could also make a pair of beaded spreader sockects by loom beading and gluing them on. I use film cansiters and the clear ones (Fugi Film) are same diameter top to bottom.

Hope this helps

Comment

that is a good idea. and that's basically what i have already. well, what i did was wrap a circumference worth of beads around the canister then put the needle through the first bead in the row, then up to string on the next row. does that make sense at all? probably now. oh well
      C-trad

Comment

contemptradish,

It makes sense to me you basically beaded the container a row at a time with out the benefit of warp threads. Sounds like it was difficult to keep the beads
        on straight.

Comment

yeah it was hard. i guess doing it on a loom would be better as far as keeping it all inline. i'll have to try it your way, too. never have too many spreaders!

.... i guess.
          C-trad

Comment

Originally posted by jmm
            contemptradish,

You could also make a pair of beaded spreader sockects by loom beading and gluing them on. I use film cansiters and the clear ones (Fugi Film) are same diameter top to bottom.

Hope this helps
            jmm do you tack your bead work onto a leather base or (some other base first) then glue onto canister?

Thinking how your loom bead work stays on the surface of the canister?
            If there ain't soccer in heaven ~ I ain't going!!

Comment

I glue the bead work directly to the canister with glue. Where the seams meet on the beading sometimes I glue a strip of felt to hide the seam some times I don't. Important, make sure that the seam meets in the back of the container and the warp threads don't stick out. Make sure that the glue is evenly distributed on the container, wipe up any that gets on the front of the beading right away, and use something like a few rubber bands to hold the beadwork in place while it is drying.
              Last edited by jmm; 08-15-2003, 11:52 AM.

Comment

do you sew the ends together at all, or does the glue just hold it all down?
                C-trad

Comment

contemptradish do you sew the ends together at all, or does the glue just hold it all down?

I just glue the whole thing down. I have seen others that sew down the beadwork by drilling a few holes so after they glue it down there are a few places that they can use as anchor points when they sew it down. YOu need
                  to be careful when sewing it down so one can't distinguish between the warp threads and what you used to sew it down.

Comment

Contemp,

PM me with the details (bead size, pattern etc.) and we might be able to work something out. I just beaded mine for the kickazz roach powwowbum made for me

Doug

Comment

Even easier than dealing with loom warp threads would be to do a stitch that looks like loom work but without the loom. Its shown in one of those Beads to Buckskins books. But, I don't know which one. Fat help I am, huh?!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X