crazy question ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crazy question ...

Hey there.. this sounds crazy..but has anyone ever seen rossette graph paper? Ive done so many rossettes... and havent had a problem.. but now im working on a pretty big project and want to test drive it on some kind of round graph paper to see if all the patterns line up. Any suggestions? thanks :)

I found rossette graph paper that you can print right offline... i just put in beadwork and did some searchen and found it.. I will look again and see if i can find it again...:)
    "finding your best friend in life and love is glorious"

Comment

Thanks! Ive been looking for the past hour.. punching in rossette graph paper... beading graphs etc.. and coming up empty. i know there has to be something out there somewhere... please let me know if you find something! thanks:)

Comment

i didnt have much luck lookin in the archives either.. you might try there also. If all else fails check with blackbear she might remember where that site is.. :)
        "finding your best friend in life and love is glorious"

Comment

I know what you are looking for an I don't think it exists. I have seen it but I don't think the finished project would have the beads lined up like that.

Using this will keep one from having to struggle with a protractor or compass etc.

http://home.flash.net/~mjtafoya/patterns/rosgr6.gif

http://home.flash.net/~mjtafoya/patterns/rosgr8.gif

http://home.flash.net/~mjtafoya/patterns/rosgr5.gif

I have always used a compass and a straight edge AND and eraser.

Let me know if anyone uses these.
          Brian

Comment

thanks Brian... im not having a problem with the design and lining it up in general making it even... im doing a star burst farther out from the original design. inbetween the points of each of the 'rays' im making another point of a secondary star burst. sounds complicated.. but the secondary starburst will reach out farther than the first but look like its behind it. ive done that before... but on this one.... im incorporating 5 fire colors on the secondary burst but need to know how those colors will fit in the design before i can start at the base of the point....for it to come out even.... i wish i could just take a pic of it to show where im going with it...but its still in my head... and im not good at math.. or i could figure it out :)
            gawwwwwwwwwwww

Comment

Yes thank you Brian ...I can't find the print off rosette graph paper online anymore. It used to be in the Free Patterns section of www.beadpatterns.com and I just went through all thier pages and did'nt find it... course I did'nt run a search either, but I also got locked up and had to sign off and then back on again.

Let me tell you folks.. if you need a tutorial and you need it NOW and you need it free on some of the basic beading techniques.. go to www. beadpatterns.com and search through their free patterns.. there is a ton of small tutorials there and many on the same subject..such as I think I counted 8 tutorials on brick stitch.
              Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ponemahgrl
                thanks Brian... im not having a problem with the design and lining it up in general making it even... im doing a star burst farther out from the original design. inbetween the points of each of the 'rays' im making another point of a secondary star burst. sounds complicated.. but the secondary starburst will reach out farther than the first but look like its behind it. ive done that before... but on this one.... im incorporating 5 fire colors on the secondary burst but need to know how those colors will fit in the design before i can start at the base of the point....for it to come out even.... i wish i could just take a pic of it to show where im going with it...but its still in my head... and im not good at math.. or i could figure it out :)
                gawwwwwwwwwwww
                I am kind of worried about myself but I think I know what you are saying, LOL:Chatter

if your initial starburst has 8 points then you are not going to have too much room for those secondary points. Unless it is a really big rosette or you use really small beads 5 colors sounds like a lot.

I say try it and see if it all fits. if it does not it will probably look good anyway. LOL. If it does not.....take it out. The best rosette maker I ever met said she took out lots of beads if she did not like somtehing.

The beadpatterns.com site is a dead link. I see why you want the graph paper to see if that many beads can fit. I am going to look in an old file to see if I have some rosette graph paper that I can scan and send out. I had it at one time. I have never used it. I just moved so give me a day or two.

Sorry for telling you things you may all ready know.

I am working on barettes for my daughter and I managed to make a very small horse in two needle applique. It looked good to me so of course none of my current beads were good enough for it. So I ordered 21 hanks of 13/0 cuts..not for the barettes but for that and more with the same theme,. I will post a pic when I get the beads and roll again.
                Brian

Comment

lol im glad you dont think im crazy... haha.. it least thats what i think you were trying to say ;)
                  im beading a large crown for Miss Indian North Carolina.. Miss Shelly Strickland... Yeah Shelly!!!! any way its a big one.. like the size of Miss Indian Worlds. sooo i want it to look really groovey.
                  Im 43 now.. but have beaded since i was 12.. everything from gallery pieces to regalia pieces... and your right ... ive taken millions of beads out over the years and started over...!! im using 11 and 13 cuts for this... so its a big project.

sounds crazy but im not the best in math.. or i could calulate alot of it. but as with most things its trial by error... on this one id just like to take a test drive on some kind of graph paper so i know where im going on them bursts.
                  its easy on barretts and small items like that.. .but we're talking lots of beads here. :)
                  thanks for all your help.. and if anyone comes across the illusive graph paper.. share it with us!

Comment

Ponemahgrl, I found a graph at www.beaddancing.com. Hope this helps ya out.
                    Last edited by Heinz57; 08-05-2003, 10:04 AM.
                    I am only a mixed up purebreed mutt....1/8 Cherokee, 1 drop Shoshone, 1/16 German, 1/16 Irish, a handfull of unknown, and a few parts Hillbilly, mix and shake well...

Comment

thank you thank you!!!! that site is a pretty good one too! That helps out alot :)

Comment

Ya welcome:D
                        I am only a mixed up purebreed mutt....1/8 Cherokee, 1 drop Shoshone, 1/16 German, 1/16 Irish, a handfull of unknown, and a few parts Hillbilly, mix and shake well...

Comment

http://members.tripod.com/~cbbeads/rosettegraph.gif
                          C-trad

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.