bead storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bead storage

i found those bead storage stackers were okay but not the best...instead of spending money i came with the only fool safe plan canning jars..why dont cha all share yar fool safe bead storage?-becca

I use clear plastic boxes from the craft store that come with I think 16 smaller square boxes inside. Each little square holds about 5 or 6 hanks of beads. I label the lids of the smaller boxes and when I'm done beading I use medical tape to make double sure the lid on the large box doesn't come open. I've dropped them, my lil one has played wih them and I've not spilled any beads yet. (knocking on wood):D I think each box cost me like $5. Think I like is they are all clear plactic so I can see what size they.
    The things you are doing today are the traditions of twenty-five years from now.
    -Daryl Baldwin: Miami

https://www.facebook.com/SpottedeagleFans

Comment

film canisters, bead tubes and as of lately... glad ware. They make some little dipping sized containers now that are the size of another thing I use, tupperware miniatures.
      Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

empty baby food jars are freakin awesome. You have the lid to put your beads in and when you're done, pop those babies back into the jar,,,,,, pill bottles, plastic bags.... pill bottles are good for needles too.... keeps em where i don't have to worry about them (off the floor).
        SHAKE IT!!!!

Comment

Tackle boxes, or the craft boxes that Spotted Eagle was talking about are great for storage.

I have all kinds of other plastic containers for holding works in progress, cuz I have all kinds of works in progress.:p
          ...it is what it is...

Comment

I use the Tupperware Midgets.

http://order.tupperware.com/pls/htpr...ow_item_detail
            New to the site--Introduce Yourself

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

Comment

MIDGETS...yes!! I always want to call them minis... thanks paul
              Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

bubblegum tape containers

I use the old bubbletape containers (you know the gum that comes in one long strip)...the old containers with a snap-off top were the best and they can hold about two hanks...all depends on how many beads I have. I usually carry my beading project, like rosettes, in one of those rubbermaid shoebox containers, so I have my needles, beads, and project all right there and my containers won't get squished and broken. Besides the bubbletape containers, I use the twist jars, but the quality of those varies. My best set I found at a beading store as opposed to Wal-mart :-)
                "This is not a black and white world...in order to survive the colors must be swirled"
                -LIVE

Comment

I use tupperware hamburger containers. They stack up together and come with lids. I'm not sure if tupperware makes em anymore but they're the best.

Comment

My seed beads were totally *out of control* in just about every possible container type, baggie or box!!

So I built this huge 9-shelf wooden rack and hung it on the wall. Basically it's a giant spice rack 4 1/2 feet by 2 1/2 feet by 2 1/2 inches deep, using trim and dowels. I put all my beads into spice jars (collected at tag sales for next to nothing)... it's great, I can see all my beads, and hanks that dont fit in the spice jars, I hang on hooks on the side, I can arrange them by size and color and see them all at once when I go to start a project.

I'm in big trouble if this rack ever falls off the wall! LOL

Tara

Comment

I use these lil' things that are similiar to film cannisters.
                      You can buy them at Michaels, and pretty much any craft shop.
                      They are in a pack of 12...they never open, which is a bonus and they are clear so you can see what colour of beads you have.

For mass storage of beads, I have about 5 shoe boxes full of hank and bags of beads. They are all separated as to type of bead.

And then for travelling.
                      Michaels has these great compartments.
                      It is a row of about 8 with lids that open indivually...with a lock!!!
                      You can buy it with or without a lock. It's not really a lock, but it' this thing you have to push in order to open up a compartment...no mixing of beads, no spilling.
                      So, for the weekend if I'm travelling I'll put the beads I need in there and I'm all set. Each thing holds about 2- 3 hanks. I usually use the last lil' one for my needles, they fit perfect...and if u have a 'mini' spool of beading thread, that fits right in there too!

Comment

Fishing tackle Boxes are great.

I also use the baby juice containers that Gerber has. Those work good. I get a lot of them now because my son loves apple juice. So it is all good.
                        I didn't do it, honestly. I have burned all the proof.

Comment

It depends on how many beads of one specific color I have.
                          If ther are just a few like the even shaped Rochailles for bracelets, I use film containers.
                          Otherwise I use Tupperware boxes or ziplock-bags.
                          :D
                          Join my FB page:
                          https://www.facebook.com/#!/NatamBeadwork

Live each and every day of your life as though it would be your last!

Comment

Selina!! Long time no see!!! Selina's web site is a good one to check out too for how to do some beading styles.

Comment

Hey Blackbear!

Thanks for your welcoming :D
                              It's good to be back.

CU
                              :Chatter :Chatter
                              Join my FB page:
                              https://www.facebook.com/#!/NatamBeadwork

Live each and every day of your life as though it would be your last!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.