Shaker Handles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaker Handles

In trying to get most supplies together to start,is there a preference in the type of wood to use for a shaker?In the county I live there are several saw-mills so wood of many types is available.The shaker can that I have is german silver,so I kind of need a good wood to balance it out...thanks,M

3/8ths or 1/2 inch hardwood dowel is hard to beat. Remember that a rattle should be as light weight as possible after shaking that sucker for a couple of hours you will understand why.
    D.Dean

Comment

I have seen all types of exotic woods and all t hat fancy stuff to make a real nice shakers. But I have to agree with D.Dean. If you add bead work, all that money you spent is gone to waste, and sometimes clashes with your work.

I have a nice can and handle that was made for me but it was way to heavy and I hardly use it. I use my small simple one that is light and nice to use.

TMS
      If I do not know the answer someone else will!!!!
      Also forgive me, this system does not have a spell check so forgive the bad spelling

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• powwowbum49
        Silverwork
        by powwowbum49
        Well, as if I don't have enough other projects going right now I have decided to try my hand at silverwork. I have a ton of it that I need for new dance clothes for my family so I figured I should see if I am any good at it. I have been picking up a few tools and am waiting on some sheet metal to arrive...
        06-08-2002, 02:45 AM
      • MIB
        Windows Vista
        by MIB
        Who all bought it and tried it ?Bought a new laptop that had Vista.2 day later I reformated and put 2000 Professional on it.Under Vista half my stuff didn't want to work right.
        04-12-2007, 04:59 PM
      • crazywolf
        Environmental issues
        by crazywolf
        Boozhoo niji,

I had a rather long day, learned a bunch of stuff today and decided to post on what I had learned. I searched for threads on environmental issues and could not find any on this site, so I decided to start a new thread on the issues of what is going on with the environment....
        01-11-2007, 11:13 PM
      • mcalkins4052
        pipe stone how to
        by mcalkins4052
        Best way to carve, Finish, and best wood for stem...anyone? Ready go!!
        02-04-2012, 10:59 PM
      • Messiah Knight
        Programs
        by Messiah Knight
        Hello, I'm going to post a list of some nice programs that will help people out. Just stuff that I use personally, and that I'd recamend to others. Maybe it will help someone out :)

1. Trillian (This program lets you connect to all of the most important, and well known...
        06-23-2003, 11:16 AM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X