Shaker Handles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaker Handles

In trying to get most supplies together to start,is there a preference in the type of wood to use for a shaker?In the county I live there are several saw-mills so wood of many types is available.The shaker can that I have is german silver,so I kind of need a good wood to balance it out...thanks,M

3/8ths or 1/2 inch hardwood dowel is hard to beat. Remember that a rattle should be as light weight as possible after shaking that sucker for a couple of hours you will understand why.
    D.Dean

Comment

I have seen all types of exotic woods and all t hat fancy stuff to make a real nice shakers. But I have to agree with D.Dean. If you add bead work, all that money you spent is gone to waste, and sometimes clashes with your work.

I have a nice can and handle that was made for me but it was way to heavy and I hardly use it. I use my small simple one that is light and nice to use.

TMS
      If I do not know the answer someone else will!!!!
      Also forgive me, this system does not have a spell check so forgive the bad spelling

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X