shoulder wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shoulder wings

how do you put these together and then keep them on while dancing. i finally got the feathers that i needed.

keith

My friend has shoulder wings, he has them sewn onto loops of fabric, then he has a strip of fabric sewn onto his shirt at one end and a button at the other end so he can slide the winds on and off for washing the shirt. Hope this helps.

Mike

Comment

flappers

VELCRO is the way, man.

Comment

how would you use the velcro, details man, details.

keith

Comment

detail

In response to shoulder feathers;
          4 or 5 grouped together, kindof like a flat fan arrangement. The ends contained sewn onto a cloth, the cloth folded over, kindof like a sandwich. A rosette can be added to this cloth on top for each shoulder.
          To attach them to your cape, you can use heavy duty industrial velcro. I always make sure to add additional safety from falling, by attaching a leather cord from my cape tied around the base grouping of the feathers.
          The detachable button method as described earlier is also good.

Comment

When making shoulder wings would you use tail feathers or some sort of wing feathers? How far should they hang over you shoulder? I'm working on a new regalia and was wanting to incorporate them into my design but few if any traditional dancers out here use them and I dont know the proper set-up for them. Thanks for any help provided.
            I am the rocks of the Eternal shores crash against me and be Broken!

Comment

Does anyone still need info on this subject i can probably get some if you need it..

Mike

Comment

i can always use the info.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X