• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beaded Crosses

How do you bead a cross like this??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1081707464
    New to the site--Introduce Yourself

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

Well, for that cross they beaded over the wood. You'll need to know peyote stitch to bead around it. I think the only thing you need besides your beads, thread, etc. is a form to bead on. I'm not completely sure about how to explain how to do it, but I hope this gives you some idea.
    TARHEEL BORN, TARHEEL BRED, WHEN I DIE I'LL BE TARHEEL DEAD!

MizzQaqimat's Space

Comment

I can do the peyote beadwork. I'm trying to figure out how to join all four part together in the middle.

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

Comment

Its hard to tell by the pic if they are even joined in the center but I bet George Hoyett would know how to do it. That man can bead anything.
        Michael MedicineBear Mayo
        ~Sure you can trust the Gov't; just ask any Ndn~

Comment

I don't know if this one is, but I've seen them where all the beadwork meets in the middle.

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

Comment

The pic looks to me like they wrapped the center with leather...I have an idea of how to totally bead the center, but will have to try it before suggesting it ok?
            Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

hehehehe..........I e-mailed the guy as soon as I saw the photo. He said he didn't have a better pic yet but was planning on sending me one as soon as he could. He also said the center is beaded. I saw one in OK City last year and it was beaded in the center. If I get a photo I'll post it.
              "We see it as a desecration not only of a mountain but of our way of life. This is a genocidal issue to us. If they kill this mountain, they kill our way of life." ~Debra White Plume

Comment

I'd love to have a piece like that, but my peyote stitch needs some work.
                ~~Saponi~~

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X