No announcement yet.

Dropped Items.. what to do..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have never danced in a pow-wow but have seen when items are dropped and AD will pickup and give it back to the dancer.

The eagle feather is Ceremonial and scared. Respect the place you are visiting. Go with their tradtions and if none than go by what your family does.

Does anyone else have any of the history of the story shared by Azurebreeze--hearing it makes my heart flutter. Please indicate the tribe the story comes from if possible.
    Where's the Pow-wow at????

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• cedar rose
      jingle dress dancing and pregnancy
      by cedar rose
      I have a friend who is pregnant and "showing" She competed at a local powwow this weekend. Another woman told her that she should not be dancing jingle while pregnant. This was said to her in a harsh tone. My friend asked me for my opinion. I did not know what to say, so I am asking for advice...
      03-23-2009, 04:27 AM
    • turtle_mountain16
      is there really a specific way to dance?
      by turtle_mountain16
      I have this friend who always tells me i have to dance like all the other girls. but the thing is is that she is one of those girls who copy everyone's moves and calls them her own. and i'm just a little confused because isn't it supposed to be your own style? one day we even got in a fight...
      07-18-2002, 01:54 PM
    • calicoquilts
      how do you correct someone?
      by calicoquilts
      I recently attended a dance and during the evening session a woman was doing a jingle dress exhibition. Her dancing was wrong to say the least and the only dancer doing this exhibition. She was swaying her body at the beginning of the song that is what caught my attention. Someone came out and place...
      05-13-2009, 10:29 AM
    • Gledanh Zhinga
      Lost Item within dance circle
      by Gledanh Zhinga
      It's been a long time since I've seen an early Ponca method of taking care of a lost item on the dance floor or grounds. A veteran who had seen action (a warrior) picked up the item and returned it to the owner. The veteran then recounted a personal battle or war story (a coup). And that was pretty...
      10-16-2006, 09:48 AM
    • Apache_Fancy_Shawl
      chamber's farm
      by Apache_Fancy_Shawl
      Hello, was at chamber's farm last night for a so called pow-wow.
      In my opinion, they needed to call it a white man trying to have a Native American gathering. sevral of the dancers were walking across the circle with food and drinks, just so they didn't have to go around the circle. they had people...
      04-02-2006, 08:42 PM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X