Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where did the Duck-n-Dive REALLY come from???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    No photos found.

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• heartbeat
    the Duck and Dive is not a chicken dance song
    by heartbeat
    Of you chicken dancers that know your history... even the Crow has the right to dance chicken because they paid for it from the Cree people and then adapted it to their style over the years. There are certin rights that need to followed in life. such as initiation ceremonies for the chicken dancers......
    07-11-2006, 08:55 PM
  • Dancin by the bay
    dead song
    by Dancin by the bay
    when a song is sung that you just ain't feelin it are you 1 to just kinda walk-dance or do you try and jam any ways. I try and dance but it hard some time to try and fake it. Some times I'll just sort of sneak off but I don't like to because it seems so disrespectful to the drum.

:( ...
    01-07-2004, 07:50 PM
  • FancyStar
    Northern or Southern
    by FancyStar
    Which would you rather kick it up to, a Northern song or a Southern song?
    Then would you rather have a fast song or a moderate speed song?

Myself, I feel I always jam out to a fast northern song!!
    When I dance to one of those I just relax and feel the music move me. Those...
    12-09-2002, 11:17 PM
  • goose
    Footwork vs. Classic Style
    by goose
    I think Bonnie Tomahsah and Rose Track have about the fastest footwork whereas Lisa Ewalk, Gracie(need I say more), Nahmee Lasley have great style.
    Which do pick when you judge?
    09-29-2003, 09:47 PM
  • kneegrow_native
    Duck and Dive
    by kneegrow_native
    I was wondering what people thought of the use of duck and dive songs.

Recently I have seen duck and dives used an awful lot for Chicken Dance. I thought that the chicken dance paid homage the prairie chicken and that the duck and dives tells the story of battles (for example some elders...
    09-10-2002, 06:33 PM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X