Who Makes The Best Drums In Indian Country

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Makes The Best Drums In Indian Country

I was just wondering who you think makes the best drums out there. The drum is indeed important to the pow-wow. But they dont all sound the same. A good sounding drum is soooo hard to find. So who do you think makes the best sounding drums?
    Only God can Judge Me

William James

Comment

i've heard about a guy in Canada that makes excellent drums, but i don't know his name.... could this be the same one? where is his approx. location? (don't want to give his street address to some crazy person on the net...)
      I am who I am. No more, no less.

Comment

William James is from a rez in Alberta. He has made drums for a lot of the big name drums all over powwow country.

He also travels all over including the states to make drums for different people.

AKA as "Big Bill"........:)

Comment

Michael Rose, Lead singer for Cedartree - makes some of the best drums I have ever seen.
          Everything is gonna be alright!

Be blessed - got love???

This b me.....

www.myspace.com/akayo

Comment

Parnel Necklace

this very hounorable bro makes a beautifull drum, a master craftsman, he makes a drum to play and donate every year for the sundance.:Angel:
            sigpicMITAKUYE OYASIN... "then I was standing on the highest mountain of them all , and round about beneath me was the whole hoop of the world . and while i stood there I saw more than I can tell . and I Under Stood more then I saw . for I Was Seeing in a Sacred manner the Shapes of All . Hehaka Sapa. dec 1863-aug 17 or 19 , 1950.. listen online TO KILI 90.1 FM porcupine butte

Comment

Whatz up people just wanted to add my opinion, I think the best drum makers are............

Norhtern: John John Stiff Arm, Hays Montana
              Southern: Uncle Wiley LittleCreek, Shawnee Oklahoma

bad to the bone drums good quality sound and good thick hides they use alot of steer hides.
              Don't get too Wakan - 'cuz yer not.

Comment

Frank Hostler is the best in the Northwest. Not only a work of art, but the sound is the best also!

Comment

I do!
                  I'm only here to provoke a reaction because I can!

Comment

Wiley Littlecreek -- hands down!

Comment

Yeah, Big Bill aka William James is one of the best drum makers i've come across. Merle Yellowbird makes deadly drums too......
                      Hoka-Hey!!!

Comment

John John Stiff Arm makes sweet drumz..

Comment

www.dakotadrum.com
                          Hate is for FOOLS!And fools like m&ms come in all colors

I am ready to tell you my secret now,I see dumb people,.I see them everywhere.They dont know they're dumb,they only see what they want to see.That weird feeling which make the hair on your neck stand up....thats them!

Comment

wyly littlecreek and ted moore
                            john arkeketa

Comment

re: best drums

i think the ones made by the drum groups themselves are the best ones.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X