Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brown cheeks
    replied
    What's the deal with a double headed drum? They are popular with those drums from minn. anyone have details on these type of drums? Either that or Hokie clairmont just hits it so hard that if one breaks then the backup is right there????

Leave a comment:

• chuckyskuya
    replied
    best sounding drums

Our drum (Saste Takoja - Northern/Lakota group) uses drums made by Dave Hansen and Sonja Holy Eagle of Dakota Drum Co., Rapid City, S.D. They do it traditional way, with buffalo hide and cottonwood (also sometimes horse or elk hide). I've had a couple of their drums and they sound real nice. Their link is on this site somewhere.
    Chucky

Leave a comment:

• man to man
    replied
    re: best drums

i think the ones made by the drum groups themselves are the best ones.

Leave a comment:

• ndn_ave
    replied
    wyly littlecreek and ted moore

Leave a comment:

• Jacques
    replied
    www.dakotadrum.com

Leave a comment:

• albertaboy
    replied
    John John Stiff Arm makes sweet drumz..

Leave a comment:

• young scout
    replied
    Yeah, Big Bill aka William James is one of the best drum makers i've come across. Merle Yellowbird makes deadly drums too......

Leave a comment:

• luvstraightdancrs
    replied
    Wiley Littlecreek -- hands down!

Leave a comment:

• nmiishdiye
    replied
    I do!

Leave a comment:

• rainwoman
    replied
    Frank Hostler is the best in the Northwest. Not only a work of art, but the sound is the best also!

Leave a comment:

• stickybunsbuffalobal
    replied
    Whatz up people just wanted to add my opinion, I think the best drum makers are............

Norhtern: John John Stiff Arm, Hays Montana
    Southern: Uncle Wiley LittleCreek, Shawnee Oklahoma

bad to the bone drums good quality sound and good thick hides they use alot of steer hides.

Leave a comment:

• Maza Hokshila
    replied
    Parnel Necklace

this very hounorable bro makes a beautifull drum, a master craftsman, he makes a drum to play and donate every year for the sundance.:Angel:

Leave a comment:

• Smokin' Ace
    replied
    Michael Rose, Lead singer for Cedartree - makes some of the best drums I have ever seen.

Leave a comment:

• creejingledress
    replied
    William James is from a rez in Alberta. He has made drums for a lot of the big name drums all over powwow country.

He also travels all over including the states to make drums for different people.

AKA as "Big Bill"........:)

Leave a comment:

• nativewife
    replied
    i've heard about a guy in Canada that makes excellent drums, but i don't know his name.... could this be the same one? where is his approx. location? (don't want to give his street address to some crazy person on the net...)

Leave a comment:

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X