17.24%
    big bear
    3.45%
    mystic river
    13.79%
    dakota nation
    6.90%

The poll is expired.

I love to listen to northern singing, old style or contemporary, I think they are all great singers in their own way.

:) :dancer:
    The One and Only Baby girl!!!!

Comment

What do you mean still singing?? These polls should not be done by am-a-chures:D

The Battle River name is not that old is it? Sweetgrass isn't either.

Mystic River is Not that old either, same big bear.

..Know what your talkin' about there, chief????

Comment

re: old school

old school style duphys!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Still don't know what you mean...

You start a poll entitled "Best old school group still singing" To me, that sounds like, These drums have been together for decades and don't sing anymore, or groups that started off oldschool and are now contempt??? I think you're confusing people, next time you start a poll, be specific.

What do you mean? Or can't you type more than 1 sentence?

Comment

Originally posted by pow-wow-wooer
            Still don't know what you mean...

You start a poll entitled "Best old school group still singing" To me, that sounds like, These drums have been together for decades and don't sing anymore, or groups that started off oldschool and are now contempt??? I think you're confusing people, next time you start a poll, be specific.

What do you mean? Or can't you type more than 1 sentence?
            don't need to befighting you over the net if need to argue i'll tease the misses. if you don't like the question then don't be answering it or writing your negativity. this is why we have ndn's fighting each other because people have to always have try and out do each other. So what do you call old school singing.

Comment

What about Indian Nation?

Comment

what do you mean best old school drum group still singing???

here's how i'd answer that question ... still awesome after 30 years. i mean really, you've got to stand up and take off your hat to Mandaree.

Comment

Mandaree keep on singing....
                  sigpicMITAKUYE OYASIN... "then I was standing on the highest mountain of them all , and round about beneath me was the whole hoop of the world . and while i stood there I saw more than I can tell . and I Under Stood more then I saw . for I Was Seeing in a Sacred manner the Shapes of All . Hehaka Sapa. dec 1863-aug 17 or 19 , 1950.. listen online TO KILI 90.1 FM porcupine butte

Comment

best old school drum still singing

heard "BADLANDS" @ Shakopee(?) awhile ago.
                    STILL jammin' :Thumbs
                    Chuck Spotted Bird & his boys.
                    didn't have his full crew but they still sounded pretty sharp.:D :clap:
                    ~;{(@**fancy_flutterby_dncr~tha' dncr formerly known as *DLBRIGHTEYES*~**@)};~

Comment

mandaree!:Chatter

Comment

I voted for porcupine. just so everyone knows. i like all the drum groups on this poll. i like the old style singing i like straight songs over word songs just in case somebody tries to get mad. this is just my thinking so don't blame anybody else. "peace"

Comment

Re: re: old school

Originally posted by man to man
                          I voted for porcupine. just so everyone knows. i like all the drum groups on this poll. i like the old style singing i like straight songs over word songs just in case somebody tries to get mad. this is just my thinking so don't blame anybody else. "peace"
                          porcupine isn't on this thread, i voted for mandaree. what a duphus,

Comment

I voted for Mandaree. My husband sings with Mandaree quite a bit, but he is one of the original MGM singers. They still sing around home, but they are going back on the road this summer. As you know, they lost Tuba Todome, who was also an original singer this past month. And anyone who is a true singer would have enjoyed his service, they sang all night at the wake.Several singers from up North traveled down and it was a beautiful service. Anyway, thanks for those who mentioned MGM and yes, they still sing. Mandaree and Eagle Whistles have my votes.

Comment

sorry to hear about the singer from mgm, it is always sad when a singer leaves. prayer go out the family. mgm is a good sounding drum group.
                              "peace' man to man

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X