Best old school group, original

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best old school group, original

I know that there are a lot of drums who sing old school and I totally respect them for that but what about the ones who started old way back when and still sing that way even with all that is popular today??? I mean by the ones who make and write their songs, and who are an integral part of their particular tribes, i.e. singing at wakes, funerals, etc. It's not all about powwows people and some old school drums know that, and I personally think that is cool. Anyway, your thoughts and input as far as who you think is in this catagory. Thanks
    DB

re: original

i have to say porcupine singers. i remember the time they helped my family out by singing at wake. they didn't ask for nothing or say we had to give them this or that. this group know the old lakota memorial songs and knows the appropriate songs for each occasion. even though most of the old singers are gone they are still keeping the tradition alive. "peace"

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X