Remediez for a clear singing voice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remediez for a clear singing voice

What do you use to clear your singing voice?
    What do you think works best?

Rat Root
    Fishermans friend
    Cod liver oil
    halls
    Alpine gum
    Herbal Tea....
    ....etc.

or other.
    Last edited by SlicedBryce96?; 05-30-2002, 04:00 PM.
    "The next time you are teachin' why dont you get taught, it's like that......and thats the way it is" - RUN DMC

Wikey is probably the best thing out there. Its a sorta bark from a tree. Its sweet and it works kinda like Halls but better.

Comment

Are you talkin about "wiikeh"? I have no clue what it is in English language. It's a root.

Comment

Don't smoke!!! *cough* *cough* :NoNo
        I Was Indian Before Being Indian Was Cool!! There's Plenty Of Room For All God's Creatures. Right Next To The Mashed Potatoes!!

Comment

I know this forum isn't really my place, but I've also seen singers swallow just straight up honey. I've also seen singers use one of those squeezable lemon juice bottles to relieve their throats...
          I am who I am. No more, no less.

Comment

Whatever it is. YOu know what I'm talking about.

Comment

What's that one cough syrup, where the guy says "It tastes awful, and it works?" Anyways a guy from Warhawk said his singers use that - works better than lemon juice.
              "Friends don't let friends drink decaf..."
              Wakalapi's $49 unlimited phone service www.49deal.com

Comment

Hey Ojib tribe. We are not talking about the same thing. Wiikeh is very bitter. Tastes rotten but it works.

Wakalapi. That bottled stuff is called Buckleys Mixture. Works alright I suppose. Tastes awful is right! Some guys don't like to use it.

Comment

clear voice

we make a combo, of bitter root & sasafrass tea, hot , for us halls will dry you up.:o
                  sigpicMITAKUYE OYASIN... "then I was standing on the highest mountain of them all , and round about beneath me was the whole hoop of the world . and while i stood there I saw more than I can tell . and I Under Stood more then I saw . for I Was Seeing in a Sacred manner the Shapes of All . Hehaka Sapa. dec 1863-aug 17 or 19 , 1950.. listen online TO KILI 90.1 FM porcupine butte

Comment

Yes, I have also seen Lemon Juice and Buckley's Mixture being used for a good singing voice. Ack! They don't taste good, but sure seem to work.

Comment

tricks of the trade

so you guys are talking about tricks of the trade aye. okay well things I have used are HALLS, BUCKLEYS, WIKAY ( ITS A ROOT GUYS, NOT A BARK), HALLS CENTERS, FISHERMAN'S FRIEND, LEMON JUICE, TEA, COFFEE, POP, CANDIES, CHOCOLATES...

But the top 4 are
                      buckys,
                      wekay,
                      lemon juice,
                      and a coffee, no sugar.
                      Only God can Judge Me

Comment

The fast remedy.....Open your mouth and have someone take their finger and poke you in the back of the throat. See...cheap and easy, and it really works, too.

Comment

Bitterroot
                          Ricola
                          Coffee
                          :Thumbs :Thumbs :Thumbs
                          Battle River Fan!!!

Comment

Open your mouth wide and spray a shot of Cloraseptic spray will instantely help especially when you have a cold! However, mostly you have to drink a lot to keep your vocal cords moist. That is when you crack up, that is what all of these remedies have in commen. Just don't drink really hot or cold stuff. If you want to make those vocals last take really good care of them and yes, smoking will tear them up!!

Comment

Gr8 Advise on the remediez.

Some people say that singing at the age of puberty (11yrs-16yrs) could ruin the develpment of ones singing voice, I've heard a couple of stories of people that this has happened to. Do any of you believe this as a fact?..........
                              "The next time you are teachin' why dont you get taught, it's like that......and thats the way it is" - RUN DMC

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.