No announcement yet.

Eagle feathers, how do you clean them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagle feathers, how do you clean them?

My daughters have danced for years and now that my oldest is a young women, I am allowing her to wear her eagle feathers that were given to her some years ago.

What is the respectful way of cleaning the plumes, tail and wing feathers. I keep them in a feather box, but we all know that accidents do happen without intention. I want to respect the feathers in every way as I have done thus far.
    Treat others the way you want to be treated :supperhap

I don't know what to do about plumes, but putting your feathers over alittle bit of steam will usually add a little shine back to them and enouph moisture for you to kinda comb them back into shape with your fingers.

Comment

Being a Northern Traditional dancer..I have cleaned the feathers by using a spray bottle with water. Although I haven't cleaned the plumes..would just be very careful!
      James E. Pete, DBA

Comment

cleaning plumes

A lady I met occasionally cleans her plumes. She swirles her plumes in soapy water, rinses them in clean water thoroughly, and uses a blow-dryer to dry them. Her plumes always look great. (Supposedly sweat, makeup, and dust get on the plumes and make 'em grungy looking).
        Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

DCP - that works great.:Thumbs

Comment

i got my cleanin tips from mr. darrel tso himself...:D LOL
            He washes them in wool-lite in the tub. i bought a separate container for washing...cuz stink buttz are washed in the tub :D LOL. anywho, run cold water and add yer wool-lite...NOT ALOT THO...bout a few capfuls anywho...whatever the directions say. Then swish them around in the water a bit then let them soak fer about 5 minutes and swish em out a lil bit more.....rinse em off and blow dry em. the plumes will come out nice n fluffy and the tail n wing feathers will come out nice n clean. and they'll smell real purdee afterwards :D
            .o0~CLAY~0o.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X