Drum Chief

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drum Chief

Since I've relocated to KS sometime ago.... I have had the privilage to sing in many places in KS, I have sung with some good singers and some not so lovly singers,

thier is the one guy (no names mentioned) that lives in northern KS. he trains white people to sing, and acts ace like he knows it all, and He calls himself a "Drum Chief" I was wondering if anyone else have heard this term used.... I just shake my head and laugh... This guy acts like he knows it all, He tried to tell us Kiowas that "Charile Brown" was not the Komalty family song.... and this passed weekend we sang the supper song, and this guy tried to start another song after we finished for supper....... I heard this guy is a mexican..
    Mr Drum Chief.....

One day I hope to be a Drum Chief at some dance somewhere in time..
    Dayum I make some keen DrumSticks!!!!!!sigpic

Originally posted by TacO5000
    One day I hope to be a Drum Chief at some dance somewhere in time..
    Noooooo....say it ain't so!!!!!!

LOL

For some people, its better to keep your mouth closed than to open it and relieve all doubt!.....Ignorance is bliss!
    To get a true picture of your purpose in life, you only get the whole picture when you listen with your mind, your ears and your heart. This way The Creator has a direct connection with you and only you...no outside interference.

When you follow the will of IT that created you, understanding that your purpose is not for you...but for IT and all that IT has created, there can be no wrong except failure to be obedient. Only then do we jeopardize the gifts we are given.

Its not the final destination that defines us, rather the journey taken!

Comment

There's a dude here in Illinois that sings around Peoria and claims to be a "drum chief". Know what's worse than that? People believe the guy!
      Never go commando in another man's fatigues!!!

Comment

Will the Real Drum Chief please stand-up..

What I know to be a "drum Chief" are those individuals who are placed on the "grandfather-drums" in the Big Drum way. Any thing else is just fantasy. Those who claim to be a drum chief wouldn't if they knew what it means to be one. I can only say to those "drum chiefs" in Kansas or Illinois--I pray for ya-chief!

Comment

Drum Chief?! Yeah, I heard that term one time before like awhile ago but I didn't pay that much attention to it. I didn't think it was true. Now.....I wonder
          Never Hurt The Heart That Luvs You

Comment

Where bouts in Kansas is this guy from...Lawrence. Topeka.?
            :indian2: MIRROR MIRROR ON THE WALL, JEAN CLAUDE VAN DAMME IM FINE:muscles:

" say what I feel, I say what I think, I say what you do not like, Yet for some reason what I say is somewhat correct" Chief Big Beef 1999

Comment

(dun dun dun dun- dun dun dun dun) FROM THA LAND OF SKY BLUE WAAATER! I am genital waters, drum chei- wut? ridiculous. Just let them be who they want to be. What goes around comes around. Maybe they'll learn somthing from someone. Maybe. Aho my brothers. -i jks
              bucwild2012

Comment

Originally posted by TacO5000
                ...he trains white people to sing, and acts ace like he knows it all, and He calls himself a "Drum Chief" I was wondering if anyone else have heard this term used......

taco,

Maybe you heard wrong.

Maybe he said he was a:

1. Drum Thief

2. Drum Chink

3. Drum Cheeks

or

Drum rolll........

4. A Drunk Chaif!

*LOL
                Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

or maybe it wuz drum cheeeez! gaaaaaah, j/k! lol!

Comment

Originally posted by MeezeeKwe
                    or maybe it wuz drum cheeeez! gaaaaaah, j/k! lol!

Meezee,

That sounds the best...

Drum Cheeeeze. Lead singer for the "Commod Bod Singers."
                    Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

I've heard that a lot of the "Big Name Drums" now require in their contracts that there be a Drum Chef provided! So maybe this dude was simply a good cook :-)
                      "It doesn't really matter, they don't know any better anyway."

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X