• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite southern cd

i just want to know of some good southern cds

Originally posted by youngsinger
    If you go back and take a look at some of the drums listed as their favorites.....just about any recording from that group. The thing you've gotta realize is that there is a bit of a "style" different groups possess. Whenever you really learn about those "stlyes", you'll better understand who to stick with and who you're gonna model yourself after.

For example, there is a distinct difference in style from Cozad to Yellow Hammer to Youngbird to Southern Boyz to Southern Thunder to Sizzortail to Rose Hill. All very good drums, not meaning to leave anyone out, who have very distinct styles in singing.

So, I guess my question to you "young singer".....whats your "flava"?
    To get a true picture of your purpose in life, you only get the whole picture when you listen with your mind, your ears and your heart. This way The Creator has a direct connection with you and only you...no outside interference.

When you follow the will of IT that created you, understanding that your purpose is not for you...but for IT and all that IT has created, there can be no wrong except failure to be obedient. Only then do we jeopardize the gifts we are given.

Its not the final destination that defines us, rather the journey taken!

Comment

Originally posted by LSS
      If you go back and take a look at some of the drums listed as their favorites.....just about any recording from that group. The thing you've gotta realize is that there is a bit of a "style" different groups possess. Whenever you really learn about those "stlyes", you'll better understand who to stick with and who you're gonna model yourself after.

For example, there is a distinct difference in style from Cozad to Yellow Hammer to Youngbird to Southern Boyz to Southern Thunder to Sizzortail to Rose Hill. All very good drums, not meaning to leave anyone out, who have very distinct styles in singing.

So, I guess my question to you "young singer".....whats your "flava"?
      i am actually a singer for a southern drum by the name of Southern Sun and when i listen to southern music i like to listen to youngbird for songs that will get u pumped. I like to mostly listen to kiowa or ponca songs from cozad or southern thunder.

Comment

Yellowhammer- "World Champions" one the best southern recordings ive heard. Its recorded by Indian House Records
        www.myspace.com/powwowlicious

Comment

Whatever I'm listening to at the time...
          "It doesn't really matter, they don't know any better anyway."

Comment

Originally posted by 1badazzndn
            Yellowhammer- "World Champions" one the best southern recordings ive heard. Its recorded by Indian House Records
            Gotta agree with ya there cuz! That there is a pretty tight recording....esp. with some good ol' tunes that everyone likes to sing these days.

I also get a kick outta those old Pawnee songs Southern Thunder like to kick out on a CD every now and again.

Nothing like those "old songs" that get revitalized!
            To get a true picture of your purpose in life, you only get the whole picture when you listen with your mind, your ears and your heart. This way The Creator has a direct connection with you and only you...no outside interference.

When you follow the will of IT that created you, understanding that your purpose is not for you...but for IT and all that IT has created, there can be no wrong except failure to be obedient. Only then do we jeopardize the gifts we are given.

Comment

I love Intertribal Songs of Oklahoma by Southern Thunder, Ol Skool by Yellowhammer and pretty much anything that Yellow Spotted Horse used to sing when they were together. They had some mussy music.

Mussy by birth.....Native by the Grace of God.......

Comment

Hey now!!

i am actually a singer for a southern drum by the name of Southern Sun and when i listen to southern music i like to listen to youngbird for songs that will get u pumped. I like to mostly listen to kiowa or ponca songs from cozad or southern thunder.
                Hey now.....southernthunder be bustin out the good ol pawnee songs....not Ponca. But itz all good....they be jammin. Oh yeah....look out for Possem Shell....COMIN AT CHA!!
                *~*BbC-4-LiFe*~*

Comment

Originally posted by Native_Sooner
                  Hey now.....southernthunder be bustin out the good ol pawnee songs....not Ponca. But itz all good....they be jammin. Oh yeah....look out for Possem Shell....COMIN AT CHA!!
                  Dang!...An empty can of "Road Cill"...come getta wiff!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.