Up and comin drum groups!?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Up and comin drum groups!?!?!

Who does everyone think is the drums we should watch out for?? And is there anyone that was at IICOT christmas powwow that heard our crew Black Bear Creek? If so wat u think?
    *~*BbC-4-LiFe*~*

Hey man-heard you guys at IICOT.....let me say yall have alot of potential. I think the people sittin in with yall messed up the tempo of some songs and made the whole drum look repsonsible. get all that taken care of and you guys are ready to roll HOKA!!!
    www.myspace.com/powwowlicious

Comment

i saw you guys there. you guys were jammin out hard. i like that last song you guys did. there was women every where. all the leads were tite. some of those guys kept messing you guys up i think it was that guy with the glasses and the white shirt. he kept messing the beat up and voice was scratchy. at least he is trying. other than that you guys are ready for the trail

Comment

Black Bear Creek .... Pawnees?

There is another drum from the Dallas area called Black Bear. I hope they get some exposure this coming year because they are a pretty decent drum group!
        Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• ReeDaMan
          Most Humble Drum Groups
          by ReeDaMan
          Who do you think is the most humble drum groups? The drum groups that rock the house, but still are down to earth people who treat other singers with equal respect. I've seen alot of drums that get successful, and forget what it was like starting out, and think they are better than everyone else....
          05-31-2004, 04:01 PM
        • WhoMe
          Drum turn offs
          by WhoMe
          Lots of good drums have come and gone. Lots of you are singers who have sung with different drum groups.

What are some of the main reasons why you won't sing with a certain drum anymore???
          03-15-2011, 04:06 PM
        • off the top
          Just wondering about eastern powwows?
          by off the top
          I noticed that there are alot of powwows on the eastern seaboard from Florida up to Maine. I was just wondering if there is a need for these powwow committees to expand their knowledge of drum groups who are willing to travel and attend their powwows. Its just that I've noticed alot of the same drums...
          03-16-2001, 02:53 AM
        • Gledanh Zhinga
          "Smart phones" at the drum
          by Gledanh Zhinga
          My wife and I are in the "Elder 70+ dance category." Admitting that we may be somewhat old fashioned, but we returned from a last night's powwow where a few of the singers were iphoning at the drum. One lady singer at the gourd dance drum was really into it, probably on the internet, even...
          01-03-2010, 12:31 PM
        • young scout
          Singers' Perspective on Drum Contests
          by young scout
          Okay all you Northern Singers........do you guys think that most drum contests nowadays are TOO strict? I mean does it really make a difference if there are like five guys sitting at the drum at all times all weekend? OR, do you guys think that drum contests are NOT strict enough?
          What rule(s)...
          06-07-2002, 07:15 PM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X