Womens Drums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suthernwaterbird
    Yea that is true, I know I have had to be head singer, and watch my lil bro n sis while my mom was sick once, and it's not an easy task. That's when (if there are any) the other singers wive's and mom's come in to help a lil bit. Usually I just sit my lil sis behind me, beside the women while she played. But ofcourse, we know kids, and they don't just sit there the whole time. You know what LSS, we should start up a powwow daycare, 20 bux and a NDN Taco PER KID! ayez lol

Sorry dude....inflation....20 bux and 2 ndn tacos per brat!!!!!!!!!!
    To get a true picture of your purpose in life, you only get the whole picture when you listen with your mind, your ears and your heart. This way The Creator has a direct connection with you and only you...no outside interference.

When you follow the will of IT that created you, understanding that your purpose is not for you...but for IT and all that IT has created, there can be no wrong except failure to be obedient. Only then do we jeopardize the gifts we are given.

Its not the final destination that defines us, rather the journey taken!

Comment

I dunno, as far as I'm concerned... on a southern drum, the only people actually at the drum should be men, with the women backing them up seated directly behind them. That's my opinion and I have never seen anything different on a southern drum....

Now northern is a different story, my wife is from the Pacific Northwest, and there are a lot of all women or mostly women or mixed drums I have seen out there when we go to pow wows out there. Most are family drums, but my wife and some of her friends formed an all women drum group when she was younger and sang all over the northwest with no problem, even contesting with no problem.

She and I have definate differences of opinion on this matter, but she knows as long as I am a Southern singer it is a moot point, if I was singing northern though... it may be a different story.
      I became a singer because I love to sing... and to feed my addiction to cough drops!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

widgetinstance 224 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X