Womens Drums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    No photos found.

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• WhoMe
    Compromising a powwow drum
    by WhoMe
    I was invited to a "celebration" after the Gathering last year where several of the Northern winning drum's singers were in attendance. It was crowded. I noticed the drum of the host of the celebration off in a corner and covered. One of the females got too close to this drum and one of the...
    10-07-2008, 04:27 PM
  • WhoMe
    Sacred or not sacred
    by WhoMe
    Normally, I would put this in the 2 singing threads but this is more about drums. . .

I was with a group of Indians and we were helping out with some workshops for school aged children. When it was time to change work stations, a blonde, non Indian woman would beat a hand drum that she...
    10-31-2008, 05:51 PM
  • WhoMe
    Are drums sacred?
    by WhoMe
    I was in a recent meeting where there is a proposal to have a music room where kids can come and beat on Native drums from different tribes. Among these would be a powwow drum and Iroquois water drum.

I did not say anything, but thought I would put this proposal on line to get some feedback....
    11-20-2010, 05:20 PM
  • WhoMe
    Drums touching the ground
    by WhoMe
    Drum ettiquete is different according to northern and southern arenas, regions, tribes and how individuals are taught (or not taught).

I have heard many people state that drums are not supposed to touch the ground or be left unattended. But I have seen at most summer dances drums left...
    05-25-2004, 02:40 PM
  • Majii
    Can women use the drum
    by Majii
    I had originally posted in the southern singing when I realised that I posted in the wrong category. This is still all new to me.

I want to know if women can use the drum and I would like to know where I could find teachers I could learn from.

I've been doing what I can...
    06-19-2000, 08:22 PM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X