Beadwork for side tabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beadwork for side tabs

I'm making a new Traditional Lakota outfit. I have beaded medicine wheels on my cuffs,the tipi/mountian design on my kneebands and belt,a beaded turtle on my bustle, a sewn Lakaota star on my vest and clouts. What should I put on my side tabs. Any suggestion or comments would be greatly aprecated.

Lighting bolts ,crosses, animals, mmm? what are you colors that could help some

Comment

i would go with one of the designs that you already have, either the medicine wheel or the tipi/mountain or even some combine the two one the project.

Comment

My colors are blue and red. :Chatter

Comment

like tigger said, try to use one or more of the designs you have already used. this will tie in all the different elements of you beadwork, and it will give you outfit a more cohesive look.

Comment

Thanks!! I was kinda stumped at what to do. I'm gonna use the Tipi/Mountian design around the border and the medicine wheel or Turtle in the center with some beaded feathers hanging off it. :)

Comment

that sounds really good

Comment

Thanks all got to do now is bead it and add fringe. Ribbon that is. then ill have to bead my mocs and ill be set.

Comment

post some pics when you get done:)

Comment

I'll do so. it'll be about a week or two. but put some up of my outfit as it is so be lookin for them.:)

Comment

turtledancer,

here's just a suggestion. why not use the medicine wheel and the turtle in the center of the side tab. just a thought.

Comment

I was thinking about that. Ill do it then.:D

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X