Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northern Wind vs. Whitefish Bay

yeah ok
    Last edited by Kiiwedinong; 11-21-2006, 02:18 PM.

None is better than the other. Styles the same. Voices basically the same. One group has younger guys. Some of the nortern wind probably sang with WFB before forming their own group. That's probably why there are so many similarities.
    Andy is a pretty cool dude tho'. He probably started all these singers off.

Comment

Its all good.
      Last edited by Kiiwedinong; 11-21-2006, 02:16 PM.

Comment

LOL!!!! Whipped? OMG!!!!

Comment

Applauds DontwannaArgue!

Comment

This was funny.
            Last edited by Kiiwedinong; 11-21-2006, 02:17 PM.

Comment

hmmm. i would have to say northern wind. no specific reason but i like the way their voices go better and i think that they are just better!
              -Kelli
              If you lose the drum beat of the creator, you are lost in life - Aanishnabe

You say I don't look indian? Well you don't look stupid, but looks can be deceiving!

Comment

Lighten up Ojib. I just wanted to share a bit about family men. I also am whipped (for 23 years). It must be a good whippin' cuz I'm still hangin' in there. Even a Mishomis. :) :) :) We all go to powwows together.

Comment

Whipped. You young guys are a hoot.

I take it your idea of this term is " a stay at home - takin' responsibility for his family" type of guy.

Most of the guys on the WFB singers are getting to be that way. They're raising the next generation of singers and dancers.

One of the singers before me (also whipped) taught me that taking care of the drum is a big responsibility and requires a responsible man - a family man.

A singer can have the best voice in the world, but must also have the respect of all around him. These "whipped guys" have mine. :)

[ May 26, 2001: Message edited by: DontwannaArgue ]

Comment

Alltime? Whitefish Bay hands down. When they had their full crew, NW can't come close to the power and volume these guys had. Mind you, I'm talking alltime and not today. Plus you have to take in the fact of all those awesome songs they composed over what? a twenty year period. Top notch songs that are well known all over turtle island. Alltime? WHITEFISH BAY!

Comment

wfb....for sure

Comment

I remember when Gabe used to be the lead for WFB.....that's when I thought they sounded the best. After he left to form Northern Wind, WFB just didn't sound the same. Same songs and some new ones, but I thought it was Gabe's lead that made WFB. So my favorite is Northern Wind, especially after listening to their latest CD with all jingle dress songs.

Comment

Whitefish Bay all the way!!! Just because when I was a youngin' I used to listen to those tapes of theirs with the white paper label on it that looked like it was done up on a typewriter!!
                          I purchased like their Volume 21 tape or something (with the younger guys) and I think the sound is kind of "soft" but they are loud as hill and crank out pretty cool tunez!!! If any of them cruise the boards-keep it up and represent Ont.!!!!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X