Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RED DOG

tansi

i was at this one powwow and i heard this drum group called red dog i remember them from real long time ago but forgot where they are from and i was wonderin if someone would tell me again.

hai hai
    err!

hey prettycree--

you should be able to help on this one, right?
    C-trad

Comment

Red Dog formerly Starblanket are from the Ft Quapelle region in Saskatchewan about 40 minutes from Regina. Seen them in winnipeg a couple years ago and once in Ontario.

Comment

if I remember correctly they started as StarrBlanket then moved to StarrBlanket Jr's and are now Red Dog, and yes they are from the Ft. Qu'Apple region, minus a couple of the original singers.
        They are a great bunch of cree singer's. ;)
        kanash komitin awow
        "Thank you, all of you"

Comment

Sorry as a drum group trivia buff the Red Dog singers were origanally "Star Blanket JR's" They formed in the early 90's in Star Blanket Rez. The original singers were all relatives, cuzins and broz.
          Also the name Red Dog was derived from the drum groups Great Grandfather who was a WELL KNOWN for being a skilled and powerful singer.
          Only God can Judge Me

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X