Optin Monster

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should fellow singers judge drum contests?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should fellow singers judge drum contests?

[ May 23, 2001: Message edited by: ojibway_tribe ]

i personaly would like to have another singer judge a drum contest. the reson for this is because they know how songs should be sung and should be made up.

keith

Comment

Its all good.
      Last edited by Kiiwedinong; 11-21-2006, 02:13 PM.

Comment

According to the singers that I know, they would rather have singers or dancers, than committee members judging their contest.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• hobbs49
          Drum Contest
          by hobbs49
          For drum contest, it seems that it's usually drum groups participating. However, I know sometimes you'll see some guys come together to sing in contest if their group isn't singing or if they aren't a part of a group.

So for those who go to a lot of contests, do the drum groups generally...
          04-21-2010, 04:22 PM
        • young scout
          Singers' Perspective on Drum Contests
          by young scout
          Okay all you Northern Singers........do you guys think that most drum contests nowadays are TOO strict? I mean does it really make a difference if there are like five guys sitting at the drum at all times all weekend? OR, do you guys think that drum contests are NOT strict enough?
          What rule(s)...
          06-07-2002, 07:15 PM
        • RedShield
          What makes a Southern Drum great?
          by RedShield
          Really didn't think about this too much until I got the survey to fill out, but started wondering, what would make a good criteria to judge drums head to head for an honor like this.

I know everyone has their own opinions about who is best out there, but seriously, what would make you...
          12-05-2006, 05:01 PM
        • loonsfoote
          Bay Mills drum contest
          by loonsfoote
          Something strange going on here. First, the drum rules state that any rules can be altered, deleted or changed at any time during the weekend. Why have rules????

Next thing, the same judges are used for every song judged. ****, they're going to judge the same way each time.
          06-11-2006, 10:17 AM
        • Kiwehnzii
          Hand drum contest ballots
          by Kiwehnzii
          I've seen a lot of singing contest ballots but not Hand drum.

What do you singing contest professional judges look for in a hand drum comp?

What would you put on a ballot?

How many singers would be the max? Minumum?
          06-29-2002, 11:51 AM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X