Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hides for Drum

Hello everyone,
    My group is in the process of looking for hides for our drum. We want to get buffalo. DOes anyone know of where we can get them? Also, what are your opinions of the best sounding hides for a powwow drum? Thanks in advance.

SDS
    SouthernDrumSinger

There is a Buffalo Farm in Virginia named Buffalo Hill about 20 minutes north of Charlottesville.They have hides and I am sure they can help you.
    Tab
    What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!!!!

Comment

Just do a search for Buffalo on the internet.
      Here in North Dakota we have in New Rockford The North American Bison Cooperative.
      Raw hides sell for $100 to $125.

Also there is the Braintan.com site that has a list of tanners who will be able to get a hide for you. :p

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• TacO5000
        Drums
        by TacO5000
        What kind of tone of a drum do you like to sing with? what size, and what kind of stands do you perfer? Who makes keen drum? what kind of hides do you like?

I was gonna make a which good looking singer has the biggest gutt thread but we have too many of them so here one...
        09-24-2005, 09:45 AM
      • SouthernDrumSinger
        Best Drum Frame
        by SouthernDrumSinger
        Powwow People,

For those of you who have made powwow drums, what is the best (and most economical and sturdy) way to make the frame?

Thanks

SDS
        11-01-2007, 12:00 PM
      • WocusWoman
        Alaska powwow, looking for Drum/dance group!
        by WocusWoman
        I'm still searching for that excellent drum & dance group that would love to travel to Fairbanks, Alaska. This traditional powwow will take place July 22, 23, & 24th of 2005. The honorarium will include airfare for up to a 10 member group, room/board, and a blanket dance. This part of Alaska...
        01-12-2005, 01:24 PM
      • wazi
        Cricket Hill - has anyone ever heard them
        by wazi
        Saygolie,

Has anyone ever heard of a drum from the Great Lakes area called Cricket Hill? someone I know is looking for a drum back there for a special song and this drum contacted them. I am looking for feedback from anyone who's heard 'em (the other drum that contacted my friend was...
        04-17-2006, 11:29 PM
      • SouthernDrumSinger
        Hides for Drum
        by SouthernDrumSinger
        Hello everybody,
        The drum group I sing with is currently seeking buffalo hides for our drum to resurface it. Does anyone know where the best place to purchase buffalo hides is? And to the dancers and singers what in your opinion is the best sounding hide for a southern powwow drum? Thanks in...
        06-21-2001, 11:57 AM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X