No announcement yet.

Lakota Singing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK gentlemen well said now back to topic. ;)

I haven't been back home for quite a while. Anybody know some good drums from Standing Rock rez? Especially Wakpala area?
    "Friends don't let friends drink decaf..."
    Wakalapi's $49 unlimited phone service www.49deal.com

Comment

Mea culpa,mea culpa!
      Ok lets work for world peace:
      tunkasilayapi tawapaha kin han
      the grandfather's flag
      ohinhankesni he nanjinktelo
      without end it will stand
      iyohlateya oyatekinhan wicicaginkta
      underneath it the people will grow
      ca lecamuwelo
      this is why i do this

I prefer that version:
      Ikce wicasa tamakoce kin tewahila na
      The indian country I love and
      blehimiciye
      I take courage
      Tunkasilayapi tawapahaki maka ihanke
      The grandfather's flag to the end of the world
      ki heya nanjinkte
      it will stand

[ July 23, 2001: Message edited by: Jacques ]
      Hate is for FOOLS!And fools like m&ms come in all colors

I am ready to tell you my secret now,I see dumb people,.I see them everywhere.They dont know they're dumb,they only see what they want to see.That weird feeling which make the hair on your neck stand up....thats them!

Comment

I like this drum from pine ridge called native thunder. they used to be called medicine horse first time i heard them. anyway, those guys can jam. i always look forward to oglala nation because they are blasting every time i hear them.

Comment

I like Ft Yates singers, Ernie Thunderhawk singing lead, Screaming Eagle, from Cheyenne River and Eagle Mountain, from Pine Ridge and Running Antelope, from Little Eagle/Running Antelope, SD. Running Antelope was around about 15 yrs ago and went away but are back with some old and younger singers. They sound pretty good.
          Sahnish

"There is nothing more dangerous than ignorance in action."

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.