Lakota Singing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    No photos found.

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• WhoMe
    Written Powwow Music?
    by WhoMe
    My father is a song maker. His father was a song maker and his father was a song maker. As they passed these songs down, there was no written form of music to learn from. Yet, each knew hundreds of songs. I would estimate my father knows over 600 songs from different tribes and genres that he has stored...
    02-11-2011, 11:06 AM
  • DCP
    Composing Songs
    by DCP
    I have been told by some that one has to earn the right to compose songs. I have been told by others that if a song "comes to you" it ought to be used. I would enjoy hearing some feedback on this.
    06-27-2000, 12:03 AM
  • jumpingbuffalo
    Old Drumming Rules
    by jumpingbuffalo
    Whatever happen to "not singing others songs without buying 'THE RIGHTS' first?"

There are many drums singing other drums songs, most not even of the same tribe, just hackin' the songs up badly.

I've asked a few where they got 'that song' and they were "...uhh...
    06-19-2004, 03:15 PM
  • n8tiveson79
    If you are interested in drums and singing!! WHO MADE UP THE TERM: "oLd StYle"?
    by n8tiveson79
    I have a couple of things to say and then a couple of questions.
    Hau Koda!
    I have been reading the different comments. I have a questions about who made up the term "old style"?
    who defined the term?
    and if a drum sings straight or "word songs", why is...
    09-14-2002, 12:32 PM
  • stud of the stable
    straight singing becoming the rage?
    by stud of the stable
    Black Lodge and Black Stone broke new ground, and influenced today's popular contemporary sound (I know, Rod Hunter & Red Nation way back did too). I seem to notice more of today's groups swaying their attention to please an older demographic,and sing more conservatively as oppossed to the Indian...
    11-10-2000, 06:07 PM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X