Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tha Tribe

:D hey pow-wowers...
    this southern dancer, would like to know what's up with the boys from THA TRIBE... i hear they're a pretty good drum, and i've had the opportunity to meet them, just like a bunch of you out there, i'm sure... but what else? i would love to know... :Angel2

Dayuuum

Tha Tribe is purty koo..and most of dem be fine azz hell..like many of us already kno.l ;)
    ~*~Chante Waste~*~ 4-Life

Comment

I was a little disappointed that I didn't get a chance to meet Tha' Tribe this past weekend in Richmond - it had been rumored that they may attend the pow-wow there. Oh, well - I dig their sound - hope to hear them live one day!! ;)
      Everything is gonna be alright!

Be blessed - got love???

This b me.....

www.myspace.com/akayo

Comment

Saw tha' tribe again this last weekend at Chicago. Good as usual. They travel with a small part of the drum everytime I've been around them. So of course they may sing the same songs but they rock nothing like on the CD's. Too bad.:(
        Too me it's a lot of hype. Iv'e heard some really good drums that don't have the same p.r. they do.
        "We see it as a desecration not only of a mountain but of our way of life. This is a genocidal issue to us. If they kill this mountain, they kill our way of life." ~Debra White Plume

Comment

I like Tha Tribe. I think they have some tough a$$ leads and songs. Their core travel pretty far for pow-wows all the time. So I guess I can't blame them when they show up with the core crew. Plus, I think they have some of the horses to pull it off. They are all pretty nice guys too.

Comment

I have met a couple of the guys from tha tribe, and they're a decent group of guys. I've known Wayne, Jr. since we were teens and he is always friendly and a class act. There are some guys that get a cd out, win singing and dancing contests and then become big-headed. Wayne is nothing like that- he's a real class act.
            Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I agree they are really nice the ones we have met. They were really nice to my daughter at St. Francis, they signed her cd when another head singer introduced them.

I re-read my post so I want to claify. I don't mean tha' tribe is alot of hype, I mean the sound that is expected when you attend a powwow they are promoted at and only the bare few show. They by any means are not the only ones that do this either.

I guess what I'm really sayin' is I was SO disappointed Ruben Littlehead wasn't there.... he is so easy on the eye!!!!!!!!!! :JawDrop
              "We see it as a desecration not only of a mountain but of our way of life. This is a genocidal issue to us. If they kill this mountain, they kill our way of life." ~Debra White Plume

Comment

Tha Tribe

I am a new user to this site...but I would jsut like to state in our (Tha Tribe) defense...that it is more difficult for us to travel together to all of the same places all of the time being that we are all from different parts of the country. I would also like to add that the majority of us are full-time college students, parents, married and/or all of the above. We are very sorry if we disappoint anyone when we only show up with a slim crew...but please understand that we do not have it as easy as other groups when it comes to traveling together and meeting in the same place. For the most part...they all come from the same place or even the same home...and they don' have as much responsibility bestowde upon them as we do....and that's not to distinguish any individual or group...just that we are all trying to do so much with our lives ....and at the same time we are trying to build on what we have as a young group!!!!
                Thank You for your time, support, attention, and acknowledgement!!!!
                Sincerely,
                Tha Tribe
                Wayne Silas, Jr. - Lead Singer

Comment

All I want to know about THA TRIBE is who the hell ever picked up Price at the CO JAIL???????????????...............SEE you at the SKY DOME Wayne,

Your favorite MC from Northern Minnesota!!!!!!!!!

Comment

THAtribe

i'd like to say thnx for all the positive coments, and also like to thank THAtribe and all the homies that sing with us all over indian country, all the boys at haskell. girlz, girlz. girlz.....i hope everybody digs the new tunes and theres more a coming. i thank the creator for all the songs he's given my bro's and all the homies that come up with them. thank god for the little fat dude..everybody out there happy holidays for what ever it means to you. thnx for giving us props in indian country, god bless the skins in the milatary out there humping. what else??hmmmmm all THAtribe babies we give thnx for all our the kids around our drum. to all the indian peeps out there keep working hard to be the best you can be...."stay in school"..............laterz...from chi-town..

Comment

I have heard the Tribe live a few times and boy can they rock. But it is good to see them going to school and stuff like that.
                      If I do not know the answer someone else will!!!!
                      Also forgive me, this system does not have a spell check so forgive the bad spelling

Comment

When you comming back to N.C?

Wayne ,

See, I emailed you just last week asking when you'all are coming back to N.C. I was a little disappointed when I didnt get a reply.

You guys are 2 cool and you really rocked Cherokee, bigtime. Iam sure you dont remember me.I was the pretty dark skin sister on the 4th. at Cherokee.!!! lol

I understand different agendas and commitment and all, but do try to return emails.

I do LOVE your last CD. I know you tolded me it was worth the cash. ( you know how some cheap people are. lol) Thanks for the guidence. Whens the next one comming?

You'all can come to our house and drum anytime.
                        Keep up the good work, glad to hear your in school and thank for all the hard work you do. Rainbow.
                        ;)

Comment

I'd have to agree with Wayne Silas over there. Its the same with our drum group. Well..not exactly the same but there are a few of us who do have to do something with our lives outside the pow wow trail. I sing with a famous drum group but Im also a full time college student. I try my hardest to balance pow wows and my academics. That was a good point you made there buddy.
                          :Chatter

Comment

Help??

Ojibway, I see that you are not accepting emails. Well, my question has nothing to do with singing..lol Its about college there in Ontario. Anyway, I need some advice. Email me at April 7483 at aol dot com. thanks!
                            Eye7 Consulting

Comment

:chief:

Hey whats up to all yall out there.I would like to say tha tribe is a very good drum group.I ve had a chance to sit in with them a couple of times. Wayne is my good friend to. You know all these people talking about them dont even know where these boyz come from,yet their jabbering on like they know them. They're very busy now days. They just cant stopp and go to every powwow or just stop their education to write you back a email. A lot of these guys go to school and have jobs. So dont feel all hurt. Their trying their best to reach everyone. You know education is the most important thing to us indians in this white man world. If anything you should be thanking these guys for going to school and showing these little ones that there is more to life than powwows.I saw the reply wayne gave.Its a very good one. Thought i would just help him out. So keep those things in mind.Thank you.

Old_G

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.