No announcement yet.

Say a prayer for White Fish Jrs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS GO OUT TO THE DREAVER FAMILY,FROM THE EYABAY SINGERS...WE KNOW THIS WAS A TREMENDOUS LOSS NOT ONLY TO THE POW-WOW SCENARY, BUT ALSO TO THE FAMILY OF PERCY.
    WE MAY HAVE LOST PERCY...BUT HE'S STILL WITH US IN OUR HEARTS...
    YOU'LL BE MISSED....

Comment

Our thoughts and prayers go out to the friends and relatives of the Dreavers. I have posted a picture in the gallery of the White Fish Jrs that was taken at the Hand Drum Contest at Schemitzun 2001.

Ndn guy

Comment

our thought and prayers go out to the Dreaver family and the rest of the guys of White Fish Jrs. these are some tough times and i hope they over come them.

keith (and all they guys from Otter Crossing Singers)

Comment

We would like to send our condolences to the Dreaver Family during this time of grief.
          Percy will be missed by many, but remembered by all.

In sympathy~

~Snake Island Singers
          ~AJP

Comment

The lost of a great singer,person,and father to the powwow trail is a big one. I cant begin my saddness the dreavers are going though. Percy was a good person who never said no to when someone asked him for help. He was such a talented song makerfor the whitefish jrs and the round dance circut. to the whitefish jrs ....im so sorry to hear the loss of your brother Percy...he was a great person and a great friend to me. Im sorry...my prayers are with you and ur families.

Comment

My heart and prayers for WhiteFish JRZ

I am very sorry to hear about what happened to White Fish JRZ although i do not know then personally, my heart a prayers go out to them and their family. keep singing and keep powwowing.
              much native luv, Nightime_Sun

Comment

I am very saddened to hear of the loss of such a fine, accomplished and established singer such as Percy. There are many hearts and prayers here on the East Coast of Indian Country who are extended to the Dreaver Family. I, myself, can remember hearing the name Dreaver name so many times as a younger singer. Although his physical presence will be missed here on Earth, he is with the Creator now and his Spirit will still live on through the beat of the Drum!

LSS
                Jason Evans

Comment

Keep On Singing Everyone

I told Percy recently that he was one of my favorite singers. He thanked me for telling him that. He was an inspiration to me Delia and to many. Condolences going out to the Dreaver family and the Whitefish Juniors Singers, and all the singers that Percy came to sing with, and all that sang with him. He was the one there, at the rounddances. He sang alot of songs for people. He did a lot. God we all pray for the family. :Angel2
                  Delia , Brian, Irvin Waskewitch and all the singers from Spirit Whistle(Old Red Bull)
                  Thank Your Percy for always being there, for your singing, for your songs, for your inspiration.. Whitefish Jrs, :o (AKAMAYMOK) Let his spirit live on in his songs
                  Be missed more than words can say! Tapwe!
                  Believe in who you are!

Be Proud!

Stay connected!

Comment

SOME INFO. ON FUNERAL ARRANGEMENTS FOR 'PERCY DREAVER'

This is too sad to type..........and hard to it hold together. I had just got off the phone with the family there in Saskatoon. They were appreciative to all the responses we have been receiving thru Powwows.com, and the many phone calls of sympathy.

Harvey said that his whole family were in the room early this morning as they watched his beloved brother slip away from them. All 13 brothers, sisters, and his wife Serina were all able to say there good byes as they slowly watch his heart rate fade away. It is a touching yet sad feeling, but yesterday they let his wife be transported to lay in the bed next to him (Percy). It was sad cause she could barely move to hold his hand knowing that both of her arms were broken, but gained enough strength to hold him. Harvey and his family are trying to hold themselves together and be strong.

The Dreaver family are still making the decisions on how they will be handling the funeral arrangements. But for now this is all that was said : The viewing will start tonite @ 12a.m. until Saturday January 12th @ 12 noon, where they will be setting his soul to rest.
                    He will be layed out @ The Band Hall in Whitefish, SK.

Note: these arrangements may change, but I will do my best to keep everyone posted.

Thanks again, for all the support to the Dreaver family...........
                    Peace , love, and frybread Grease !!!!

Comment

Just know that like everyone told me last year when my dad died. God has another angel in his choir but now the angel is singing the songs!
                      Becky B.

Comment

Someone suggested to me that it would be a good idea to set up a bank account close to the Dreavers home where whoever wanted to could give a donation to the family. Some of us have been in similar situations, but no where close to the tragedy that befell this family. We can only imagine the costs incurred with burial expenses, transporting the injured to the wake & burial, and numerous other costs. Wow, this will drain the family financially as well as emotionally. They are a proud family. No way would they appeal for financial help. But, I also know that they would appreciate the help if those that want to give are very sincere in our giving. Let's face it, most of us would like to be there to pay our respects and to give emotional support to the family, but are not able to attend.

This is a good way.

Please, if there is someone - a family friend - in the Big River area who could set up an account for the Dreaver family, do so. Inform us here of the name of the bank and account # , so that we may assist the family in this way.

We want to help.

Comment

My Condolences to the Family, my prayers are with you.
                          Last edited by FAITH; 01-12-2002, 02:18 PM.

Trish

Comment

My condolences to the Dreaver Family. They are in my thoughts and prayers.
                            Sheila

Comment

Native Diva - I want to again say thank you to you for keeping us up to date on the status of this situation. Many hearts across Native America and the world have been affected by this news - it is tragic beyond words. And like our friend Kiwenzii stated - if there was any way that many of us could be there for the services and to be there for the family, we sure would.

I personally have never met Percy or this drum group, but my husband has known and respected them for years. As he describes them, he says they are one of the groups that maintained honesty and loyalty to their people, whether at home or on the road. He has a great deal of admiration and respect for the Whitefish Jrs. family - I am writing this as his wife because he has yet to put together what he wants to say on a public board such as this. But know that our family has kept this family in our prayers - we are sorta numb over it all, actually.

I am in support of what Kiwenzii offered as well - this type of offering would be a good thing.
                              Everything is gonna be alright!

Be blessed - got love???

This b me.....

www.myspace.com/akayo

Comment

I have sit here for a while trying to think of the words to say. All I can think of is

I'm sorry

Joyce
                                If the horse is dead, dismount.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.