Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waya's NDNGRL
    replied
    RED BULL , Blackstone, Northern Cree, Whitefish Jrs are some of my favorite groups who sing round dance songs.

Leave a comment:

• bustlebunny
    replied
    Well, I am 100% Blackfoot/Blackfeet and I come from a very proud nation. I know you don't have to be CREE to be a so called "awesome" round dance singer. My grandfather taught many, many, many, many cree lead singers how to sing. He was a very culturally strong person and he made sure we knew our culture very well. Yes, some CREE singers sing okay, but lets all stand up and bow to Black Lodge!!!!!!! Way to go on the grammy nominations Alg!!!! Remember boys, winning isn't everything, it's the ride there that counts!!!!.....One last question......HOW MANY CREE DRUMS WERE NOMINATED FOR GRAMMYS? :Angel2

Leave a comment:

• th007
    replied
    Well...some of the most popular round dance singers to me are...Art Moosomin, Clayton Chief, Mervin Dreaver, Arnold Pete, Marc Long John, Randy Paskimin,Terry Paskimin, Harvey Dreaver, The Late Percy Dreaver(RIP), theres alot of other good lead singers out there but i cant think of there names!! the groups are Red Bull, Little Island Cree,Whitefish jrs, Blackstone,and blacklodge. good ladies singers....Delia Washawitch, Wendy Singer, the paskimin girls, once again cant really remember there names but there out there...round dance singing is one of my favorites style of singing. Ive been to a couple of round dances up in sask and there were off the hook...watching some of the best singers just having fun and everyone dancing...it was such a awsome feelin!! cant wait until i get to go to a round dance!! Keep up the good singing!!!
    peace

Leave a comment:

• just hangin'
    replied
    Kewl question! I LOVE good round dance songs!! Right now

I'm HOOKED on Red Bull's 1998 c.d - Schemitzun hand drum

champions. Dang EVERY song is out of this world... They still

make my feet dance even though I've heard it about 300 times.

Wow.

And yes, for non-Crees Black Lodge has the closest sound.

But nothing can beat being there in person.

:Angel2

Leave a comment:

• sewiyakana
    started a topic round dance singing

round dance singing

the topic of Cree style round dance singing has come up
    so i gonna ask you all who is your favorite round dance group or singers? Personally here in the alberta/sask area, where the round dance has originated from there are many many singers and groups that can jus put a smile on your face with the singing that they do. In these areas i guess we are a little spoiled with the amount of round dances that go on in this area. On any given weekend throughout the winter there will be 3-4 different round dances with 20-25 lead singers a night. A few of my favorites are, Gordon Mcgilvery, Arnold Pete, Irvin Waskewitch, Art Moosomin, Clayton Chief, Delia Waskewitch, and some of the groups out there are Northern Cree, Little Island Cree, Mosquito Singers, Whitefish Jrs. all of these groups can jam! Whos the best non-Cree group out there that can jam these tunes.....Blacklodge comes the closest.....also i have noticed that this type of singing has spread out from here to other parts of the country and the US. So other ppls might be aware of some great round dance singers that i am not........

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X