X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BigBearStyle
    replied
    wha?????

mmmm...you know I would have though for sure that you would have had more to say than that. Ah well. On behalf of all the Crees in Canada-apology accepted.

Leave a comment:

• bustlebunny
    replied
    big bear style, your an idiot[SIZE=4]

Leave a comment:

• sewiyakana
    replied
    AWIYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

U GUYS CRACK ME UP.....YEA I FORGOT TO MENTION
    THOSE BOYS IN MY FIRST POST, ALEXIS THEY ALWAYS ROCK THE
    HOUSE WHEN ONE OF THOSE GUYS GETS THE STICKS...

Leave a comment:

• BigBearStyle
    replied
    wah....

yah know....I was just wondering where that hole is you guys have been in??

The awsome of round dancers today....absolute rock the housers...the master blasters...the voices of destruction...the thunder on the prairie...Logan Alexis. Man...oh, man...these guys...these guys put the awe in awsome. Puting soul in to the song...a beat that wont quite. Make me almost cry. Man those guys arent Cree. But hey, they can rock the house all night long. No holds barred type of fellas. Never closed style! They can blast those songa all night long. They have a good beat, good volume and really good songs that just hit you in the heart like a sniper. Sheesh.

Then I would have to say Northern Cree. They have a good crew. I especially like that Tootoosis guy that sings with them. I think his name is cheepos or jeepos...how ever you spell it. Of course they are Cree...AND HAVE BEEN NOMINATED FOR A GRAMMY!! Just like White Fish Jrs, another CREE drum group. So to that guy that was saying bow down. Go ahead. And while your down there, take a moment to reflect that my reserve is on what was once Blackfoot territory. Till you were given your eviction notice, via arrow and lance tip. Oh no offence either aye...we take good care of this land we took off ya guys.

oh...and uh...thanks for the horses too, we enjoy them regularly...:Chatter :Chatter :Chatter :Chatter
    Last edited by BigBearStyle; 03-20-2002, 12:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• lil_boy_singer
    Guest replied
    I would just like to mention some of my favriot round dance singers....my neechi troy tootoosis is pretty good round dnace singer is one of the young kats in sask, he's pretty good and slowly proving him self, another on is mathew thomas, from big river, he is pretty good, but thats only what i think...theres lots of old kats still around too...joe pataykun is one of them, he's a pretty awesome singer around, about only cree's being awesome...theres still other tribes that are really good at round dance. them stoney people, they got lots of power over there, got some souix peeps they pretty good..blackfoot people know how to rounddance, we're all the same kinda peeps...doesn't matter what tribe, we should all round dnace together....thats my 2centsworth, laterz ya'll...:Angel2

Leave a comment:

• jinglealltheway
    replied
    i have alot of favorite cree round dance singers. most of them have already been mentioned. my all time favorite would be clayton chief, of little island cree.

as for non-cree singers: eugene alexis,of logan alexis' boys. blacklodge are good also, but where john and algin took them they learned from the cree style. example, their round dances are run the cree way. they have alot of respect towards hand drum singing and other singers as well.

Leave a comment:

• T. Jude Fox
    replied
    Yeah Red Bull has the title, Little Island Cree then Blackstone, Northern Cree fo sho, but there are so many more that don't travel that can just rock!

Non-cree's would have to be from Fort Berthold area, sheesh, they could make you dance hard or smile till your cramp or cry your eyes out and always make you run for your recorder!

Rocky Boy's has some wicked songs tho, too true.

We all need to come together and get these songs out in the open tho. All caught up in just pow-wow.

Leave a comment:

• FANCYNDNGURL
    replied
    my favorites are
    clayton chief, edward runningaround, arnold pete, late percy dreaver, harvey dreaver, ken pooyak, gordon mcglivery. art moosomin, marc longjohn, mervin dreaver, richard moccasin, archie moccasin, troy tootoosis, glen lewis, norman yellowbird, gerald waterhen(jacarney), terry paskemin and brad crain.
    non-crees
    eugene alexis, arnie alexis, devere tsatoke, john scabbyrobe, shawn scabbyrobe, algin scabbyrobe, mr baker(1/2 cree), and jr. merrick.
    theres numerous others but this all i can think of now......

Leave a comment:

• Mato Winyan
    replied
    Eya Hey Nakoda does some really good round dance songs and they of course are not cree. I like their Indian Car. ;) :p

Leave a comment:

• bustlebunny
    replied
    [SIZE=4]:( sorry guys, i meant your voices are voices that MUST be reckoned with.......strong dominant alpha male voices!!!:D :D :D :D

Leave a comment:

• bustlebunny
    replied
    listen up y'all.......i didn't mean to offend anyone.....(crossing fingers behind back)....and I apologize to those who were offended. I didn't mean for everyone to bow down to Black Lodge, what was meant by that statement was one of utmost respect. These guys rule!!! And so what if they did make some funny songs.....makes people smile. Thats the purpose of round dance music. They are composed songs of love or to bring humor for those of you who don't know that!!!!!!!!!!! There are a lot of very strong blackfoot singers out there.....Arnold Mountain Horse is a very well respected singer, Leo Wells has sat at the drum of many respected drums, Billy Wadsworth sings his everyloving heart out everytime he picks up a handdrum, Kent A Young Man has a voice straight from the heavens......these people may not be well known, but they are definately voices not to be reckoned with, and they are all Blackfoot!!!!! :Yell :Yell :Yell :Yell

Leave a comment:

• sewiyakana
    replied
    whoa, there bunny bustle.....
    yea i do think that Crees have some of the best
    round dance singers around and i think theres a good reason for that, but thats why i posted the
    question in the first place, i said "maybe your all aware of
    singers that i am not aware of....." so u listed the Blacklodge singers, and thats all good, i enjoy there round dance tunes...so maybe you could let us know of some good blackfoot round dance singers .
    i dont think that we(Crees) are the end all be all of singing at all, and i dont think bowing down to anyone is a good thing at all in any sense.....dang. and by the way how many Crees were nominated for a grammy?....umm let me see....Northern Cree for 1.....

laters

sewiyakana

Leave a comment:

• The Rock
    replied
    respect them....sure.....they're badass singers.....

they're downfall is those cute little "funny the first time you hear 'em, but still shouldn't have been made in the first place" songs

;)

and Black Lodge has more than a few of those....

how can you bow to someone singin' "Pork and Beans"

:Angel2

laterz,
    Rock

Leave a comment:

• ndn_ave
    replied
    there all good to me just like to here it

Leave a comment:

• just hangin'
    replied
    OK yes, perhaps Crees don't have to be the 'be all and end all' of round dance singers , and Black Lodge is a good drum group, but in my OPINION, their round dance style and songs don't beat some of the groups I hear around here. It has nothing to do with the tribe, just a difference in sound and songs. Should anyone 'bow' to any other group?
    Let's be humble here.
    As for the Grammy nomination, good for them, but that doesn't mean they are the shiznit over everybody else. I don't mean to offend but just state my opinion.

Leave a comment:

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X