Sumo

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Best CD For Me!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Best CD For Me!

    Can anyone out there tell me what is the best cd out there right now? I am ready to get ready and am behind on the latest contest songs. So what would you guys recommend for Fancy shawl of Men's Northern Fancy?
    Before you attempt to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you!

    Why do some people bother breathing when you know their brain isn't getting the oxygen?

  • #2
    Stoney Creek has a new CD with some real good fancy songs....but my fav cd at the moment is Midnight Express....
    Ancial
    StoneyCreekSingers.com

    Work like you don't need the money, Love like you've never been hurt, and Dance like no one is watching.

    Comment


    • #3
      What's the name? I just bought a CD. Double Platinum with Northern Creek and a Southern drum whose name I can't remember.
      Before you attempt to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you!

      Why do some people bother breathing when you know their brain isn't getting the oxygen?

      Comment


      • #4
        Brother to Brother is the name of the new cd for Stoney Creek
        Ancial
        StoneyCreekSingers.com

        Work like you don't need the money, Love like you've never been hurt, and Dance like no one is watching.

        Comment


        • #5
          double platunium......northen cree and youngbird.....that c.d. has some awsome jams!!!!!!

          Comment


          • #6
            i like just the sound of that one.....

            going to have ta get one of em
            Ancial
            StoneyCreekSingers.com

            Work like you don't need the money, Love like you've never been hurt, and Dance like no one is watching.

            Comment


            • #7
              Double Platunium is a tight cd! Youngbird rocks!!!!!!!!!:Thumbs

              ~*NH*~

              Comment


              • #8
                eagle whistles live at crow fair

                is another good one. eagle whistles can still jam!!!!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Hey TrueWarrior, I heard Midnite Express had recorded (or at least were planning on recording) a second album. Do you know anything about this or were you refering to their first album? Their first album is hot!

                  -Kool B
                  ~KB~

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I don't know what I was listening to but I felt Double Platinum was Northern Cree's weakest effort so far. The leads were scratchy and on a few songs they were struggling big time. A few times it sounded like only a few guys were able to make it to the end of the song. Don't get me wrong Northern Cree is one of my favorite drum groups and they have been since the beginning but I felt this didn't match up to the intensity of previous recordings as far back as the old blue tape made at Ft. Duschene. As for Youngbird their eight or so man crew didn't do them justice. Youngbird is deadly with a full crew but..... They had nice songs on the recording but would have been more powerful with a 12 or so man crew. But just like the rest of you I'll be first in line to buy both of their next ones. I only hope it is more impressive than Double Platinum. Aho

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Kool Breeze
                      Hey TrueWarrior, I heard Midnite Express had recorded (or at least were planning on recording) a second album. Do you know anything about this or were you refering to their first album? Their first album is hot!

                      -Kool B
                      If i am not mistaking...from Dusk till Dawn is their second cd...i have this one...it rocks big....i have heard the other...but can't remember the name of it....When i last talked to them, they were going to record live at a powwow in California....so if they did...it should be coming out real soon u know....i know i can't wait to hear it....the songs i heard them sing live....those were better than the ones on the 2 other cd's that i know about u know....
                      so i am psyched a bit...hehe
                      Ancial
                      StoneyCreekSingers.com

                      Work like you don't need the money, Love like you've never been hurt, and Dance like no one is watching.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        hey i just got the new "BIG BEAR....live at fort hall" this c.d. rocks. for all of you who enjoy the original style singing..you gotta get this c.d. theres alot of good grass songs. the recording is really good, makes you feel that your right at the pow-wow. i suggest this c.d. to everyone....GO AND GET IT!!!!!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I am sorry True Warrior but From Dusk Til Dawn is their first and only recording.......Word around here is that they cut another one with rez cue records and they along with Battle River are rumored to be having a CD release party at Denver March........but hey i may be mistaken too.

                          Originally posted by TrueWarrior


                          If i am not mistaking...from Dusk till Dawn is their second cd...i have this one...it rocks big....i have heard the other...but can't remember the name of it....When i last talked to them, they were going to record live at a powwow in California....so if they did...it should be coming out real soon u know....i know i can't wait to hear it....the songs i heard them sing live....those were better than the ones on the 2 other cd's that i know about u know....
                          so i am psyched a bit...hehe

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            u may be right.....but a guy was playing a tape at a powwow i was at and said it was Midnight Express....of course it was....but it's not the same one i have u know....maybe he recorded it himself at a powwow....that is why i thought from Dusk till Dawn was not the first.....
                            Ancial
                            StoneyCreekSingers.com

                            Work like you don't need the money, Love like you've never been hurt, and Dance like no one is watching.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by TrueWarrior
                              u may be right.....but a guy was playing a tape at a powwow i was at and said it was Midnight Express....of course it was....but it's not the same one i have u know....maybe he recorded it himself at a powwow....that is why i thought from Dusk till Dawn was not the first.....
                              Midnite Express has only one cd out that is "Dusk Till Dawn" but our otheer cd is supposed to be cominng out after denver march.....

                              _________
                              Hallo

                              Comment

                              Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

                              Loading...

                              Trending

                              Collapse

                              There are no results that meet this criteria.

                              Sidebar Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X