Sumo

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's gonna take Northern at Schemitzun?(if there is contest)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's gonna take Northern at Schemitzun?(if there is contest)

Well who do you think is gonna take it home this year. Some new drums that haven't been there before but are good none the less. So whoze it gonna be??
    Haystack
    0.00%
    Battle River
    27.40%
    Mandaree
    21.92%
    High Noon
    13.70%
    Mountain Soul
    23.29%
    Snake Island
    9.59%
    White Tail Cree
    4.11%
    Last edited by dawgzilla; 03-07-2002, 02:35 PM.

Couldn't decide!

I had a hard time choosing between Battle River and Mandaree...
    I think they're both great in my books. :p
    "The poorest person is a person without a family" -Crow Indian proverb.

Comment

Champs

Like anypowwow drum, it's who shows up, simple as that. When a drum has it's original full crew, daaaang it's so sweet, but when only 2 show up and the rest are fillers, well, good luck.

I sure like Mandaree, the legendary songs seem to make anyone just simply jam on em'.

Battle River is tough tho, their all holding strong touring and singing with all that oomph!

Aaand when my good uncle Jonathan can bring all the boys from Haystack/Rocky Boy area then WATCH OUT, cause they're gonna ROCK!!
      ...jus put on Mandareeeee....

Comment

?????????????????????????

Oh I don't know maybe High Noon or Mandaree.
        Or Mountain Soul could sneak in and win it all.
        Mountain Soul has a cool sound even those ole Basses can't mess with.

Comment

I wonder if Midnight Express will be there...that is a force to reckon with......Little Otter with the SmokeyTown females behind them was an awsome sound last year....would love to here it again.....Battle River and High Noon....i say those r my top 4...in no order....if Mountain Soul is there...Top 5
          Ancial
          StoneyCreekSingers.com

Work like you don't need the money, Love like you've never been hurt, and Dance like no one is watching.

Comment

my all time favorite

i would have to say mandaree

these guys should of won a long time ago. they still got it together and they still can jam...i wish these guys luck!!

Comment

Midnite?

Ima gonna have to say Midnite...if they're there. This will be close tho because if Battle River is full crew, High Noon full crew then who knows cause you know any of them can and will take the contest. It's whether or not they show up with some news songs that are wicked.
              Aho

Comment

mmmm.......

mmm, thats a tough one. come pow-wow time. Depends who has the most stacked crew I guess. I am kinda sad we didnt make the list though...ah well. Just have to waite another year I guess. It really herd to say tho' I wouldnt put my money on just one group, if you know what I mean.
                Only God can Judge Me

Comment

If these drums show up with a crew, this sould be one helluva contest. here's a guess:
                  1. High Noon 2. Battle River 3. Mountain Soul 4. Mandaree 5. White Tail Cree 6. Haystack 7. Snake Island.

Comment

Does Mystic River count in the category? Them Merrick boys and Dave Morsett and Seymour can suuurrree make'em dance!
                    ...jus put on Mandareeeee....

Comment

Mystic will be host as usual
                      Ancial
                      StoneyCreekSingers.com

Work like you don't need the money, Love like you've never been hurt, and Dance like no one is watching.

Comment

I really don't think this contest is going to be about stacked crews. Just for the fact that most drums sound best when there are only, say 6-8 guys, because is't easier to blend with each other and keep the beat more controlled.

I think the drum that wins is going to be the one that sounds most alike, and can pull off second songs with ease.

It will be a good contest. I think the drums are going to give each other some good competition. Should be an awesome week.

aho!
                        AJP
                        ~AJP

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X