blacklodge
      I want my ring

Comment

Southern Cree
        Blacklodge
        Seekaskootch
        Bear Creek
        Blackstone

I see it going down this way for various reasons.
        ...jus put on Mandareeeee....

Comment

Hard to beat

I think Bear Creek shoulda had it the last few years but thanx to politics they were robbed. There's no reson why they shouldn't take it this year. They ave already proved themselves at Gatherings. Case closed:Hammer ...shhhhh
          Aho

Comment

I don't think Bear Creek should have had it the last COUPLE years just because of the fact that they were new on the Schemitzun scene and probably a little nervous the first year. The second year they sounded sweet, but I don't think they deserved first.

But now it's a different story. These guys are just tearin it up. They have come a long way. One of the best nowadays.

aho!
            AJP
            ~AJP

Comment

yea Bear Creek does sound great, they were hosting a couple of pow wows out here last summer and i was impressed to say the least, but with the list on the invited drums i dont think they have what it takes to grab first. Blackstone is goonaa take it, their sound is full and theyve got the experience to take first. Their songs are tops. Bear Creek second or third for sure.

Comment

Uhmm....

Have you guys even heard Bear Creek lately?? They're wicked as ever. I dont know if their is someone who can stop them. I spose everyone is a critic but if there had been no politics involved and the singing contest would have been judged for skill and talent then Bear Creek would have took it. I dont think it is just for a drum to win because of their name. If ya'll dont think so then that is your opinion and this is mine.:D
                Aho

Comment

If Northern Cree happens to show up....i think they could take it all....Triple Crown just like Black lodge last year.....Always love to hear TBZ sing Live...they always have a real good chance in my opinion....Bear Creek is also a good pick for the top 5....also Eya-Hey-Nakoda....
                  Ancial
                  StoneyCreekSingers.com

Work like you don't need the money, Love like you've never been hurt, and Dance like no one is watching.

Comment

All i can say is that it's gonna be a pow-wow for the recorders. I can't wait.

Comment

IF BLACKSTONES GOES...................I HOPE THERE THE WINNER THIS YEAR. SO HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE AND SEE WHO WINS. :)

Comment

I have to agree with TW....

I got my money on 'NORTHERN CREE'! :-) and my second pick is
                        "SEEKASKOOTCH"!!!!

Comment

if there is a contest this year...let it be the THE BOYZ!!!

NB 101 :Angel2

Comment

to win a major drum contest a drum must achieve:
                            -a nice sweet, sounding song.
                            -flawless singing (no mess ups, no over beats, exact lead and grab)
                            -high sound
                            -awesome drumming

Bear Creek achieved atleast three of these last year at Schemitzun. But it was the flawless singing that shoulda been there been death bed. Leads and Grabs need to be exact ok Justin?
                            I think thats his faces name.:devil

Comment

good luck!

well i just wanted to say that i really appreciate and enjoy all the singing that these drums do. all these drums groups are outstanding singers and drummers and i wanted to wish all of them good luck.
                              (and i hope i get to hear all of them at schemitzen)
                              :D

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.