• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lil Stinker
    Tiny Tot Dancer
    • Dec 2001

Announcers at Toronto powwow

What do you think of the announcers at Toronto?

I heard some sarcasm from one of them and actually he was making stupid remarks about the names of the Haudenosaunee people. Very rude.

There were other rude remarks about the traditional Ojibwe names of some of the drums.

There was only one M.C. who had the class and took the time to learn the proper pronunciation of names. If they were difficult to pronounce, he at least apologized for this.

I'll put up a poll for those of you who heard all three firsthand and let you decide who was the best and classiest.

I'll vote later.
    Eric Robinson
    6.82%
    Dennis Bowen
    38.64%
    Jason Goodstriker
    54.55%
  • Wagon Burner
    Pow Wow Visitor
    • Jun 2005

Damn bro thats called NDN humor. Sheesh, don't be so uptight. Thats one thing I noticed about powwows in Ontario everyone is so politically correct. You should here some of the jokes these guys get away with at powwows in the west.

Comment

• Kiwehnzii
      Oldfart
      • Mar 2001

I went with Dennis cuz he's my bro. He makes me laugh........ jees.

Comment

• **Summer_June**
        -summer_june-*
        • Jun 2004

Dennis Bowen!
        ~*PowWows.com Princess 2006-2007*~

Comment

• Grizzly
          ~Hón-wungwa~
          • Jul 2003

~Announcers at Toronto Pow Wow~

Gotta go with Uncle Bowen on this one. I'm sure he did a fine job up there!
          **"Father eagle will always guide and protect."**

Comment

• The_HULK
            Pow-Wow Singer
            • Jan 2003

You have to have a sense of humor, and attend big powwows regularly to get the comedy styles of Mr. Goodstriker.

He's one guy that can keep you entertained, and the powwow running smoothly untill the wee hours of the night.

I'm sure you did a great job as usual Jason.

*There are 2 sides to every coin!

*A man can be as great as he wants to be. If you believe in yourself and have the courage, the determination, the dedication, the competitive drive and if you are willing to sacrifice the little things in life and pay the price for the things that are worthwhile, it can be done. - Vince Lombardi

*Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work. - Vince Lombardi

Comment

• whattaheck
              Tiny Tot Dancer
              • Sep 2005

Dennis For Prez

I enjoyed all the MCs at the Dome. But... I'd have to say Dennis is my fav. He's jokes are crazy. I've heard them so many times...but I get a kick outta dem everytime. If I ever had my own powwow...Dennis would be my guy!

Comment

• gaonseh
                Cradleboard Baby
                • Aug 2002

Props for my Uncle Dennis!!!!!!
                Haudenosaunee Hotties & Hunnies

Comment

• La + * Mom
                  Notoriou'sly'
                  • Feb 2003

My vote's on the man with the 'Fat Mama' - lol kinda Dennis biased anyways...lol
                  "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.